Followers

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Woolsies


After seeing this product on a shopping channel, I decided to give them a try...ok, I am an easy sell but I have to say that this product has lived up to the hype.

I have always used fabric softener sheets and I never really thought about what they did to my clothing, other than make them soft and giving them a nice scent.   The salesman was relating that fabric softener softens but decreases the absorbency of your towels. That resonated with me as I could tell that my towels left something to be desired in that area. So I ordered the Woolsies, knowing I could return them if I was not happy with them.

I received a box of six woolsies and I use all six when drying my towels. These little balls really do what they say they will do! They decreased the drying time for my towels as well as my other clothing. My towels are much more absorbent and they are still soft and static free! This box of Woolsies will last for approximately a year and a half. That is quite a savings as this box was $20 and I pay approx $8 per month for dryer sheets.  I have to say that I did see a box or two of them at TJ Maxx for $16/box but that was well after I had ordered mine. I thought about buying some for my children and now I wish I had! You can hear the balls in the dryer but it is not annoying and with the door to my laundry room closed, I do not notice them at all.

So I give this product a thumbs up and it is a money saving product that I will purchase again!!

10 comments:

Mildred said...

You are the first person I know to review these. Thanks and yes, that is a tremendous savings. I'll be making a purchase soon. Have a very nice day.

Arlene said...

I am trying to rely less on chemicals in my home Mildred so I was glad that these are all natural.

Cranberry Morning said...

I'd never even heard of these before now! Thanks for the review. I'm going to check it out...probably at TJ MAXX first. :-)

Victoria Stankus said...

I use wool dryer balls also. Great product for those who want to use less chemicals and save money on dryer sheets.

Arlene said...

Victoria I am glad you agree. I am always hesitant to suggest something based solely on my opinion!! Judy, definitely check TJ Maxx...they are one of my favorite stores and if I find them on the shelf there, I will definitely buy a box for the kiddos.

Linda said...

Good to know!! I will be looking for some now!

Arlene said...

Let me know if you like them Linda!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've thought about getting some of these. It's nice to know they work! I'm off to put them on my wish list! Hugs!!!

Gina said...

Great minds think alike! I wrote a shout out today too. I've never heard of woolies. I am intrigued. I don't use fabric softener sheets (two of the kids had bad allergies and I just never did use them again) in the dryer. I do occasionally carry one to keep the insects away. I might just use the woolies though. Thank you for recommending them!

Susan Graben said...

Good thing to know. I usually dry my towels separately from my clothes because I had heard that dryer sheets cut down on the towels' absorbency.