Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Kitchen Corner

I have a corner of my kitchen counter that makes me smile. Why? 


Because I have pictures of special people and special times displayed there! I may have to get a bigger counter top soon!!

From the bottom left, you will see Marvin, me, Lanier and Lee as photographed on our visit to Biltmore. Behind that picture is me with my two best friends, Deborah and Susan. It was made at a wedding shower that was held at our church several years ago. In the blue frame are my two sisters and my Mother. And the flashy Las Vegas frame holds a photo of Gary, Melinda, me and Marvin on the evening we saw Frank, the Man and his Music, at the Palazzo Theater.  Most of you know about my penchant for pears!( Hey that might make a good post title!!) Susan gave me this pretty pear for my 60th birthday and it brightens up this spot on the counter.

Behind the picture frames you will see a part of my kitchen that needs to be tidied up. It is my basket with stamps, tape, envelopes etc. That might be a good project for Monday! 

Do you have a special spot in your home that makes you happy? I would love to hear about it. Have a blessed weekend friends!

5 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Arlene. I love your special spot for pictures of beloved friends/family. I spotted that pear right away - very cute! I have a basket that I keep out for the cat's medicine and items we use daily. I have to clean/organize it often!
Your comment about the coffee.....one of the first places we ventured out to after the ice storm was McD's for the BIGGEST cup of coffee they have!

Cranberry Morning said...

That is a great idea, Arlene! Actually, I don't have a designated place in our home that makes me happy, but since the refrigerator is where I keep photos of the family (lots of them!) and where I get my morning coffee and where I cook, that room makes me happy. My living room is where I have comfortable furniture and a piano and lots of books and good British mysteries on DVD, that room makes me happy too. The library, besides having way too many books, has a window seat where Jazzie likes to lie and watch the neighbor's tractors go by, and that makes me happy... Okay, I'll stop there. :-) I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I might have to find a corner of my kitchen to make a pretty display like you have. Love it!

Terri D said...

We got rid of most of the photos and photo frames years ago and are on our second digital photo frame. Over 100 photos of family and friends rotate all day long on a shelf next to our TV in the living room. It makes me happy and I only have one photo frame to dust! The guest room does have a few framed photos sitting here and there and I do have magnet photos on the 'fridge. My entire home makes me happy, actually. Every corner of it.

Gina said...

I love the idea of photographs on your counter! Our photos are still packed so my favorite place at the moment besides the back porch is near the coffee pot!

Arlene said...

Terri, I am always happy to hear that others love their homes!! I am such a homebody myself. I am so grateful for a nice place to live and to share with others. Gina, I am sure your new home will be gorgeous once you get everything as you like it.