Followers

Friday, June 26, 2015

Anthropologie

Yesterday was a great day even if it did start out with a visit to the dentist to finish up work on a crown! I am thankful for my dentist, Dr Brian Cook, and he is well worth driving to Huntsville for his services. I was finished up there at 11 so I headed out to Bridgestreet Town Center. It is our shopping center that is similar to some you will find in California...open air, upscale shops and even on a hot day like yesterday, well worth the trip. I will say up front that I seldom shop here but every now and then it is a nice treat.  I started off in Barnes and Noble where I picked up two of my favorite books that have recently been released in a large paperback form, A Man Called Ove and The Mockingbird Next Door. It was here that I met up with my friend, Cynthia, who lives in Madison. I have mentioned her before and her claim to fame is that we saw Steel Magnolias together when it first came out in the theaters. That will bond you for life!! She brought me a pretty cross for my cross wall.

It is going up today!! We had lunch at Bravo Italian Cucina. All I can say is yum...It was the perfect place to sit and visit.

Then we went to my favorite store, Anthropologie. I am glad it is in Huntsville and not in Decatur. I cannot pass by an Anthropologie without stopping in and spending some money.  Marvin even likes Anthropologie!! We visited one in Atlanta in May, then one out in Las Vegas so I am making the rounds! This retail store is just lovely...eye candy, good smells, pretty dishes...I could go on and on. The young lady who waited on us yesterday was so sweet and pretty. She had porcelain skin, dark hair and bright red lipstick. She could have been a Disney princess. I will take Anthropologie over Disney World any day!:)

Ok...now to unpack my bag.

Everything I purchased was lovingly wrapped and put in a pretty shopping bag.

And inside is...


This reminds me of the old I Love Lucy episodes where unwrapping your purchases was as exciting as buying them!!

This candle is called Volcano( And I lava it!!). I thought it was interesting that I purchased a Volcano candle after seeing the Pixar short on Volcanoes this week. It was the candle that was burning in the store when we walked it. It is an AMAZING scent. I do not use candles much anymore due to diffusing my YLEOS but I had to have this one and it matched my kitchen decor.

I had seen these little travel books while we were in Las Vegas and I picked up two yesterday. I may never travel to Paris or New York except in my favorite armchair but they spoke to me!

This pretty bowl was just the apple green that I use for a pop of color in my blue, white and black kitchen.

And finally my two cups that I had to have for me and my honey. My friend, Melinda, had two of these cups at her house in Las Vegas and I agree with her that they are just Happy Cups!! I will be having my morning coffee in one as I read the blogs on my blogroll.

It will probably be Christmas before I get back to my favorite store but you can be sure I will be making my way there again in November!!

6 comments:

Mildred said...

Glad you have a dentist you love and trust. Sounds like you had a lovely shopping day. I love your treasures. Enjoy them all and have a great day.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh Alene, Anthropologie is my favorite store too! I love how unique everything is!!Great finds!! Enjoy the weekend.

Arlene said...

Thanks for dropping by and enjoying my conspicuous consumption!! I am trying not to purchase things I do not need but it is hard at Anthroplogie.

Terri D said...

Well, I've never heard of Anthropologie but I sure need to see if there is one in Tampa! Great finds! Thanks for sharing!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's an amazing store and I got to shop at the one in Myrtle Beach when it first opened. I got some bath products and some pretty little blank journals. The prices are high....but it's fun to shop there! Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Diane

Arlene said...

Terrie, it is definitely one of those now and then stores because Diane is right, it is a bit pricy. I have to say that their candles are my favorite even over Yankee Candles. The smell is magnificent without being overwhelming. I guess I just love to shop even when I do not buy anything!!