Followers

Friday, June 12, 2015

Christmas in June???

I had some errands to run yesterday and that included a stop at Hobby Lobby. While I was not surprised to see this...

I was surprised to see this...

and this...

While I love fall, it seems a bit early to be buying this...
However I must admit to purchasing some Christmas ornaments on my trip west.
This year I am going to do a travel tree in my bedroom which will feature all the ornaments I have collected on my travels over the years.

How about you...do you think it is a bit early to get into the fall and holiday vibe?

6 comments:

Mrs.T said...

I read about this on my friend Vicki's Christmas blog. Yes -- I agree it does seem a bit (maybe more than a bit) early. But then ... I just happened to remember that Jo-Ann Fabrics always has a Christmas in July sale featuring Christmas fabrics!

Mildred said...

It does seem early but if you don't buy early, they have out Valentine and Easter in the fall!!!!!

20 North Ora said...

Arlene - I too, was shocked at the Christmas items in HL. It's kind of hard to think Christmas in 100 degree weather.

Judy

Jazzmin said...

This made me smile because I just went to Hobby Lobby the day you did, too, and thought the exact same thing! It always feels like they are rushing the seasons and it is kind of funny how quickly they put out Christmas items when it feels like Christmas was not all that long ago. I admit sometimes I get a little excited to see the Fall things though, then remind myself it is not even officially summer, hehe.

A joy to visit you today :) And your ornaments are so wonderful! What a neat idea for your tree.

Blessings,
Jazzmin

Terri D said...

Well, it's not too early if you are crafting and making gifts for people. You have to start early and Hobby Lobby knows it. Fun photos and I like your idea for a travel tree!

Arlene said...

Yes Terri, you are right...crafters do need to get busy. I have a few Christmas ornaments I need to make before all the craft items get scarce.