Followers

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fairy Houses

It is cousin time here at Nana's house. Today we have Kendall and Landon along with Margaret. I always try to plan fun times so the children will remember doing things at Nana's house. I planned Fairy House crafts for the girls as Landon told me he was NOT making a fairy house. However when he saw all the fun the girls were having with the painting, he changed his mind. But his was not a fairy house but a little man house. We have been making fairies and peg people like crazy. The kids LOVE the peg people. We made replicas of each child and now we need to do Baylor, Elliott and Audrey to complete the Grand collection.

Nana's prototype.

Landon and his man house...the man on the right is peg Landon, the guy on the left is Peg Man.

Kendall with her creation.

Margaret and her fairy house.

Kendall put a lot of thought into her house...it has a pond with a lily pad!!

The man house...

Margaret's more eclectic style.

After crafting and rest time, we went to see the movie, Inside Out. It was a cute movie and one that would open conversations with children about emotions. There were some cute jokes for the adults as well.  Margaret goes back to Birmingham tomorrow so I will be back on my early morning posts come Thursday!

6 comments:

Mildred said...

How fun! I love seeing these photos. My great nieces in Indiana love that movie too.

doodles n daydreams said...

It sounds like you all had fun :)

Diana

Gina said...

Oh I love your fairy houses! I am going to start one soon when my order arrives. I didn't even think about making some. Yours are adorable and I'd love to make one with my grandson when he comes in August!

Arlene said...

Thanks Ladies....We are taking Margaret home today. We sure enjoyed having her visit.

Terri D said...

Arlene, I want to come to your house and do crafts!! What a wonderful grandmother you are! Those kids are making such great memories at your house! Adorable. Absolutely adorable.

Arlene said...

Thanks Terri...I love crafting and I hope they will enjoy putting their creativity to work as they get older.