Here are some of the things I do to make my guests feel at home.
1. Ghirardelli Chocolate. I always have a little bowl of individually wrapped chocolates on the bedside table. Sometimes you just want a little snack! ( This time I got Dark Chocolate Sea Salt and of course I had to taste it to make sure it was ok!!).
2. Books....I put a few small books out on the bedside table as well. I always like to read a bit before I go to bed.
3. Guest items...I have a little decorative bowl full of travel size items that I display on the counter. Mouth wash, tooth paste, lotion, floss, qtips etc...
4. I always take time to show them where all the towels etc are located and I have an over the door hook on the bathroom door where used towels can be hung up to dry. I also have a bottle of bath wash in the shower...it works better than bar soap for guests. Shampoo and conditioner are located there as well.
5. I put out pretty disposable cups...most of our friends and guests are at the age where they have a pill or two to swallow morning or evening.
6. I also make sure the night light is functioning...one in the guest room and one in the bathroom.
7. I leave a small lamp on in the living room just in case my guest needs something in the middle of the night. An unfamiliar house is daunting at night!
Sharing what you have with love is the key to hospitality. As believers we ought to be ready to open our doors and our hearts to guests!