Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Bye Bye Birdies

For quite a while now we have been scolded by a mama bird each time we go out our front door. Mama B decided to build a nest on top of one of our porch posts. It is a secluded area out of the sun but I wish she had chosen a nice tree!! Every morning I had to go out and clean up birdie poop from the porch!! But finally these kiddos were ready to fly!

They stayed so long I thought they were moving in!! As soon as the birds were gone, I got that nest down just in case Mama Bird thought she had found a home sweet home!! I am not a bird expert. Does anyone know what kind of birds these are?

I am posting tonight as I am meeting some friends for coffee at Panera in the morning.We all worked together at Central Weekday School so we have lots to catch up on when we get together!!  We all love to read so we always discuss what we have been reading.( For me that would be The Age of Miracles and at present I am reading The Girl on the Train.) I look forward to time with these sweet friends. Hoping you all are recovering from the weekend today...I am sure there is lots of cleaning and laundry to get done. I know there is at my house!!


5 comments:

Mildred said...

Our neighbor has a spot just like yours where the birds like to nest. He placed a block of wood there to make it less favorable for a nest! I know you will enjoy your morning out with friends. Fun to exchange book reviews, also.

Cranberry Morning said...

My husband had a springtime ongoing battle with a robin who was determined to build a nest in our porch. He won, but only after several attempts on her part! The birds are so cute, but yeah, so messy.

Cranberry Morning said...

My husband had a springtime ongoing battle with a robin who was determined to build a nest in our porch. He won, but only after several attempts on her part! The birds are so cute, but yeah, so messy.

Arlene said...

Well I hope to keep the birdies away next year...it is a hassle and there are perfectly good trees around for her to nest in! One of our friends nailed a row of nails on his porch post to stop the birds from nesting there. i may try a rubber snake!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute those baby birds. I showed the photo to my hubby, too! Hugs!