Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lady Violet


I have been missing Downton Abbey and one of my favorite characters, Lady Violet . Dame Maggie Smith portrays this aristocratic lady so beautifully. I first became aware of Maggie Smith when I saw her in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.  And I can honestly say that I think this actress has gotten better with age. Of course I loved her in The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood...she does a great Southern accent!! And who could have played Professor Minerva McGonagall  but Maggie Smith?   So I am counting down the days to January and the return of all the inhabitants of Downton Abbey, both upstairs and downstairs. As this is the last year of this series I am hoping that the writers will end it gracefully.  I am looking forward to Julian Fellowes new series set in America, The Golden Age. But like Lady Violet says, "At my age, one must ration one's excitement!"

And please take a moment to leave a comment on yesterday's blog...Orange You Sweet! I look forward to sending out my Orange Tin to one of my blog friends.

10 comments:

doodles n daydreams said...

I love Maggie Smith as well, she is a great character actress. I've never seen Downton Abbey but want to get it on DVD and watch it at my leisure.
And seeing as I won't be taking part int he giveaway let me say good luck to everyone else - that is a great little package some lucky person will be opening soon.

Diana

Arlene said...

Diana, you are so gracious and understanding!! You will enjoy Downton Abbey and you can watch them one after another! I saw that Maggie Smith was nominated for an Emmy for Supporting Actress for Downton Abbey. She thanked all the viewers and said that is what keeps her going!!

Mildred said...

I have not watched Downton Abbey either; maybe one of these days.

"...E...", from VA, Beth said...

i think she is my most fave of all the characters. i can't wait until the next season. so excited to see where they take the show??! my 2nd fave is Edith. have a lovely day and thank you for your bloggy visit. take care. ( :

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We've watch the DVD's....we just can't wait for a new season! There's nothing like it on tv, is there? Enjoy your day! I'm signed up for your giveaway. Can I enter again? hahaha! Hugs, Diane

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Even though I haven't watched Downton Abbey, I do admire Maggie Smith as an actress. I hope to see this series one of these days, but I just don't watch tv much. Have a nice day!

Terri D said...

Oh my, I am counting the days too and will be so sad when it ends after this next season. I will post another comment on yesterday's blog if it gives me a second chance to win that delightful prize!! (winking) What fun!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh I LOVE Downton Abbey too and I can't wait to watch it in January! I feel so sad that it will be over already! Wishing you a nice Thursday.
Julie xo

Arlene said...

Ladies, thank you for all the comments. If you love Downton Abbey like I do, you are waiting on pins and needles for the last season but if you have not watched it yet, what a treat is in store for you. And you all get to watch them one right after another without having to wait!!

Heather said...

She did such an amazing job on Downton Abbey! I, too, love the show. :)