Followers

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Our Real Grandma

When Kendall was a little girl she was a bit confused about who was her grandmother. I was Nana, her other grandmother was Mimi and one of her great grandmother's was GiGi. My mother was Grandma and Kendall would call my mom, her real Grandma. We all thought that was so cute. Finally someone who was her Grandma!

On Saturday my sisters, my mom and my niece, Laura, headed south to see the newest member of our family, Miss Audrey.  This is my favorite picture of my mother and her newest great grand.

It looks as though they are checking each other out for sure....

Here is Mother with Charles...except she is allowed to call him Chuck. Our Charles was Chuck all his life until he went to college where everyone called him Charles and he liked that better than Chuck. So he announced he was Charles and only his grandmothers could still call him Chuck. And my mother still calls him that!! Frankly, I have called him Charles so long that I do not even think of him as Chuck.

Of course Nana is quite jealous! She would love to get hold of that little bit of sugar!! Believe me, all my babies have pink lipstick all over them after Nana has been to visit!!

I am posting today because I am off to breakfast with a friend in the morning. We have had a nice weekend though hot. This morning Marvin and I had the privilege to be with six young people as they were baptized. We help them get dressed, stand with them until they enter the baptismal pool and then we stand with towels at the ready as they exit the pool. Marvin is the deacon at our church in charge of baptism and the wives get to help with this task. I really enjoy assisting the young ladies while Marvin assists the young men.  What a blessing it is to us as we serve in this area.

19 comments:

Terri D said...

What a wonderful post!! So full of love and joy! Have a good week, after a great start with breakfast with your friend!

Mildred said...

How sweet to see the photo of your mom with Audrey! I like the way your Mom is holding Audrey's feet in the photo with "CHUCK!!" What a wonderful ministry you and your husband have.
I hope you and your friend have a nice time tomorrow.

Arlene said...

Thanks Ladies....hope you both have a good week. I am praying for some rain to alleviate our hot temps. It is July as I remind myself but it is wearing me down.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I too loved this post and photo of your mom with the baby! How precious. Enjoy your evening.
Julie xo

Arlene said...

Thank you Julie....the great grands are surely a blessing from the Lord. I hope I live to see some of mine!!

Linda said...

Oh, how sweet this post!!! I loved getting to 'meet' your mother...AND the newest bundle of joy!
What a blessing to share in the baptism service. I used to serve in the baptism ministry at Fellowship church and I loved it!
Wishing you a blessed new week!

Heather said...

Love this post. She is adorable and looks like she is loved by everyone!

Arlene said...

Linda, life is filled with so many blessings. Some days I have to remind myself of this!! You are right, serving in the Baptism ministry is so encouraging!! Heather, we could eat that baby with a spoon we love her so much!! Nothing like a new baby in the family!!

Cranberry Morning said...

This is such a cheering post!! What sweet photos, and I can envision the baptism scene so well. Have a wonderful Monday!

Arlene said...

Thanks Judy!! Our family is blessed beyond measure.

Latane Barton said...

Thanks to Mildred over at Cat Tales that I found you and so I am now a follower. I hope you will come visit me sometime. I surely love seeing and reading your nice posts.

Arlene said...

Thanks for dropping in to visit Latane!! I love visitors and thanks for following me. I have been reading Mildred's blog for quite some time and as we are both North Georgia girls, we have a special bond.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh what a wonderful blessing to help with the baptisms! Little Audrey is just adorable!

Mari said...

That baby is adorable and I love the picture of her with your Mom.
I have 2 granddaughters - 3 and 8 months. The three year old came up with her own way to keep her to Grandmas separate. She calls her other Grandma, Grandma Macey (Macey is their dog). I'm Grandma Oliver (Oliver was our cat). Pretty funny, don't you think?
What a privilege to help with baptism!

Arlene said...

Terri, thank you for your sweet comment. We all love us some Miss Audrey!! And Mari, I love that story. I guess you will always have to have a kitty named Oliver!! My children had two grandmas as well...My mom was Grandma Margie and Marvin's mom was Grandma Saramina. I had two Grandmothers...Grandmother Tankersley and Grandmother Henderson. But we baby boomers are into the cutesie names!lol...Nothing like being a Grandmother.

Gina said...

What sweet pictures! and babies!!!!

Arlene said...

Thank you Gina...it blessed my heart!

Joel Pratt said...

Your family looked so happy on that mini reunion! It's nice to know that your mother can still travel far despite her age. I hope you’ll be able more family reunions like this in the future. Thank you for sharing about that, Arlene! Have a great day!

Joel Pratt @ Comfort Keepers

Arlene said...

Thank you Joel. My mom will be 85 next week and until recently she was very active. She has slowed down a lot but we are blessed that she can be in her home with help from my sisters and a once a week maid.