Followers

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pink, Pink Pink!

Why is it that little girls love pink? I know both of my older grands love pink and Audrey's room is decorated in pink. Even Queen Elizabeth wore pink to Princess Charlotte's christening. ( I thought that was so sweet of great granny!).
I myself have always been fond of pink...in fact I picked up a new Tervis glass for myself this week. With all our hot temps, one must keep hydrated!!

Both of my granddaughters loved this book...

And speaking of pink, my friend from high school, Sharon, took my sunshine box idea and make a Pretty in Pink box for her granddaughter, Avery. She sent me a photo of it and it is adorable. She is graciously allowing me to share it here on my blog.

What little girl would not love this treat from her grandmother? Sharon says that Miss Avery is all girl so filling this box was not hard at all. Sharon shopped the pink party section at Hobby Lobby where she found all sorts of goodies. Avery loves butterflies so the two you see in the photograph will be perfect as they can clip to the curtains in her room or the shade on her lamp.  Bracelets, necklaces, princess sash and a flower hair clip will make dress up time super fun. Stickers for Avery's sticker book as well as a Barbie toothbrush round out the surprise.  Sharon wanted to personalize the box by adding a door sign that she decorated with Avery's name and Pretty in Pink. And I love this touch that Sharon added to Pretty in Pink. This quote was placed on the pink butterfly picture holder to remind Avery that she is a very special little girl to GiGi.


 I just love this idea and I am sure some of my Nana blog friends will take this idea and run with it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas Sharon!!

And now to leave you with two of my favorite Perfect in Pink thoughts...

I loved watching Shirley Temple on tv when I was a girl. This week on Turner Classic Movies you can watch some of  her movies and relive your youth. I have recorded four of them to enjoy with my grandchildren. I hope they will not think these movies are too girly.

And last, my favorite Pink Quote by Emily Dickinson.



Have a very PINK day Blog Friends!!

16 comments:

Mildred said...

Oh, I love pink too! Sharon's box turned out so beautiful. I do love your new Tervis glass. I've been meaning to mention "Pete The Cat" books to you for your grands. The authors are from Savannah GA. My sis reads them with her little granddaughter.

Arlene said...

Mildred, I love Pete the Cat!! I have given them as gifts in the past! I am kind of sad because Kendall and Landon read on their own now and my others live in Bham so I do not get to read to them very often.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a nice way to begin my day...in the pink! Makes me want to sew something pretty and pink. Enjoy your day! Sweet hugs, Diane

Arlene said...

I guess all of us girlie girls are drawn to pink Diane!! I know whatever you make it will be pretty in pink for sure!!

Mrs.T said...

So much fun, Arlene! I love the glass ... and your friend Sharon's pink box is just terrific! I can see a couple of those in my future!

Arlene said...

I know you would come up with some interesting pink ideas Mrs T!! You are so creative.

Karen said...

I loved this post, Arlene. I will definitely have to get Pinkalicious for my granddaughter. She LUVS pink!

Arlene said...

Karen, I believe that there is a whole Pinkalicious series now days...even a Purplelicious which is another color that my grandgirls adore.

Mari said...

What a fun idea! I do have 2 granddaughters, so I may have to use this.
I love that little but fierce quote too.

Arlene said...

I know Mari!! I love that quote as well!! It certainly fits all of my girlies!!

doodles n daydreams said...

oh I love pink as well. I stopped wearing it for years but have gone back to it now, not a lot but it is much nicer to me than some other colours out there. All my grandgirls are 'grown up' now but i could still adapt a box - a great idea.

Diana

Arlene said...

Diana, I tend to wear bolder colors but every time I wear pink, I get so many compliments. Maybe I should add more to my wardrobe. And I bet big girls would love a pink box filled with nail polish, lipsticks and other pink pretties.

Terri D said...

I always get compliments when I wear pink. I should get more of it in my closet!! The photos you chose to share are wonderful!

Arlene said...

Terri, pink is just a happy color isn't it??

Gina said...

I never cared for pink much before but I have fallen in love with the color now. A pastel pink is my favorite. What a gorgeous pink box! Happy belated pink day!

Arlene said...

Well know you have a good reason to like pink....as that is what little girls are made of!! I admit I was not too much of a pink fan until recently.