Followers

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sushine Box

The other day I had dinner with a sweet friend whose husband is going through cancer treatment. She shared that a high school friend had sent her hubby a Sunshine Box. It was a yellow box, filled with yellow things guaranteed to make Jim smile.  That caused me to realize I have an old friend who might need a Sunshine Box. So I got busy..first stop Hobby Lobby.

These cute tins were on sale as Hobby Lobby is getting rid of summer things to make room for fall and winter wares. I used my chalk marker to add her name.

I found the cute sun at Hobby Lobby in their wood art section. I added a magnet to the back and stuck it to the tin. I filled the tin with yellow tissue paper.

Here are some of the YELLOW things I found to put inside the box....yellow napkins, yellow drinking straws, a yellow wooden spoon, yellow candies and gum, a Yankee candle car jar , hand cream and a funny magnet.

My friend, Susan, found this at Cracker Barrel this morning and we had to add it to the sunshine box!

I found this cute butterfly stand at Hobby Lobby...I added an encouraging Bible verse.

A sweet card with a yellow envelope...

the inside of the card for those of you who have inquiring minds!! I got this at Hobby Lobby as well.

I dropped the Sunshine Box off at my friend's house this morning and she was very touched. She got a real belly laugh out of the magnet. She said it reminded her of one of her grandmothers!! And guess what her favorite color is????YELLOW!

I am going to be on the look out for yellow things to put away in a stash. Next stop The Dollar Tree as they have some cute things there as well. I also thought of a little Thank You Happy for someone. "Orange you Sweet !" A gift bag or tin full of orange items??   So now I will be looking for Yellow and Orange items.

I am posting this evening because my husband is off work tomorrow so we are going to sleep in.( Hopefully!!) I will be reading blogs in the morning after I get my coffee and get going!!Gotta love those three day weekends.

6 comments:

Terri D said...

What a wonderful idea!! You put together such a sweet gift for your friend. Your creativity always shines through in everything you do!

Arlene said...

Thank you Terri, sometimes I get a bit carried away!!lol But this is something I plan to do for others...since my friend enjoyed it so much.

Mrs.T said...

This is just such a fun idea, Arlene! So creative, indeed! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea.

Arlene said...

Thanks Mrs T!! I really enjoyed doing this.

Gina said...

What a great idea! You are so sweet!

Arlene said...

Gina, I had so much fun doing this!! It was so nice to have something unique to take to a friend who needed cheering up!!