Followers

Thursday, July 30, 2015

This and That

Well I took some extra rest time this morning and slept in! I think I am slowly recuperating from my nana sitting.

Here is Margaret...playing with Strawberry Shortcake toys. I have a big bin of them in the play room. I still have a few pieces from when Amelia played with Strawberry Shortcake back in the 80s.

Here are the peg princesses I made for Margaret...left to right...Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, Anna, Elsa, Tiana and Sleeping Beauty. Now that she has seen my work, Margaret has asked for Pocohontas and Mulan.

And I had to include this photo that Katy sent to us last week. Margaret added balloons to her tutu!! Marvin and I laughed and laughed at this one.  I am sure one day this photograph will cause her much mortification!!

Here is Elliott riding the fire truck. He is such a sweetie.

He was a Grandpa's boy while he was here.

Katy sent me this one Monday....Harry Potter?? He had to try on Sissy's glasses.

Here is sweet Baylor...he likes to lay on the day bed and look at the ipad.

Landon has on his game face for soccer! He just got a new short hair cut too.

My big girlie...pardon the background. We were headed to the library when we snapped this one.

And my littlest girlie...wearing her bib with her name on it. Nana got that right after we found out she would be Audrey.

And another one of this sweetheart. I miss her so much.

I had so many comments on my Beauty post. Judy's advice was to drink lots of water and don't pay any mind to what that mirror says! Sharon says that it is important to embrace your age and have a beauty routine that can be done in five minutes or less. Gina reminded us on her blog that cheerfulness and contentment leads to a youthful appearance.  All of these hints are very wise. I do think beauty radiates from the inside.  I  use a cream on my face at night. Daughter, Amelia, works for a dermatologist and she gifts me with this cream to thank me for taking care of the kiddos. I also use YLEO's Elemi oil and I love it.  I  try to stay out of the sun as much as possible and I wear a hat when I walk or when I know I will be outside for a while.

Well it is friend day and we are having lunch at OCharleys...which is not far from TJ Maxx! I love Thursdays! Yall have a blessed day and stay cool!

5 comments:

Terri D said...

Enjoy your 'friend day'!! Let us know what you have to eat and what treasures you find shopping, please! Your grandchildren are all so beautiful.

Mildred said...

These are the most precious photos of your grandchildren!

Arlene said...

Thanks ladies. Terri, we went to OCharleys and I had the salad and soup( baked potato soup) and now I am home with a tummy ache. Not sure if something I ate caused it or what but no shopping for me today so I saved some money!!:) Mildred, I enjoy snapping pictures of them. They are a mess.

Mari said...

You have such adorable grandkids! I love the balloon one. :)
I also think your peg princesses are adorable!

Arlene said...

Thank you Mari...I am kind of addicted to making peg people.lol...they are fun. Hope Hobby Lobby will continue to carry the pegs. And that Margaret...you never know what that girl will do. Maybe I will put some balloons in my bra to help me out!lol