Followers

Sunday, August 16, 2015

100 Days

I hope you enjoyed the Chick Fil A video...I posted it as I was out of town over the weekend and did not have time for a post.  Where was I? In Georgia celebrating Audrey's 100 days! In the Korean culture, 100 days is a time to celebrate a baby getting through the early days and a reminder that not so long ago it was not the norm.  In old days it was a pagan practice but as Nancy's family are believers, it is a time of prayers of Thanksgiving and prayers for Audrey as she grows up. It was so nice to hear her father and both of her grandfathers pray for her. Reverend Kim prayed in Korean. Charles and Nancy plan for Audrey to be bi lingual. We will teach her "Southern"!:)

Audrey took right up with Nana and Grandpa! We were so glad she liked us!!

Mommy and Audrey.

Aunt Mimi photobombed us!

Lots of Special Dishes...all delish!

I made the chocolate cake and the pound cake while the Kims purchased the big white cake made from rice flour. It is a traditional 100 day food.  It is not a dessert even though it is decorated...it is hard to describe the taste...very dense but not much flavor. Behind the Rice Cake is a dish of small Rice balls. Whoever eats the most, proves he/she loves Audrey the most!! I think Grandpa had several!

All dressed up! She will wear a Korean costume at her first birthday!

Mommy and Daddy...

The Kims and the Grimms!

Aunt Mimi made it to the celebration but Uncle Ben had a conflict.

My gift for Audrey for her 100 days.  All of my granddaughters have one of these...I made a pink one for Kendall, a lavender one for Margaret and turquoise for Audrey.

We had such a nice family day!  Sweet memories.

9 comments:

Mari said...

Oh my word - she is just adorable! The celebration is such a neat tradition. I loved the photos!

doodles n daydreams said...

She is a little cutie :) My nephew is married to a Chinese girl and on the 100th day they shaved the children's heads - is this part of the Korean custom as well. I don't know if it would have happened had they lived in NZ but they live in China with the Chinese grandparents having a say. I love the way your family have kept with custom but done it in a Christian way.

Diana

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing this special family event with us! How precious!!

Arlene said...

Mari...it was a very special day. Diana, no head shaving involved here. Nana would have had a fit.lol. Mainly prayers and special foods that must be eaten to celebrate. Linda, we hated to leave and drive back to Alabama.

Sandy said...

Absolutely adorable. That last photo with your cross stitch is so precious. I am going to have to put that in the back of my mind for a later idea..
That pound cake looks scrumptious too.

Arlene said...

Thanks Sandy...it was a labor of love!! The pound cake is from Southern Lady..Jo's Whipping Cream Pound Cake if you want to google the recipe.

Terri D said...

What a beautiful tradition!! Love the photos, and she is absolutely adorable!

Barbara said...

She is cute as can be. 100 days - lovely reason for a celebration.

Arlene said...

Thanks Barbara!! We had a great day!