Followers

Monday, August 24, 2015

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend but believe it or not, Nana did not get any pictures of the kiddos while they were here on Saturday. Grandpa and I were pretty busy!

Ben and Katy were at their Decatur townhouse, getting it spruced up to go on the market. Katy's mom, Granny Pat, watched the kiddos in the morning and then Nana and Grandpa had evening shift. They arrived at lunchtime. I had Margaret's grilled cheese sandwich made just like she liked it! And cut into four squares of course which is so important! Chicken nuggets for the boys rounded out the meal. After lunch, Aunt Mimi took Margaret along with her family to go bowling. Margaret had a blast being with the big cousins. Baylor and Elliott enjoyed playing in the play room. I had gone downstairs to start on dinner and when I got back upstairs all three were sound asleep. Wish I had had my camera with me for that shot. So I tiptoed back downstairs and finished up some more meal prep.

At the end of the day, I had a nice Roast Beef meal on the table. Who doesn't enjoy some comfort food after a long day of cleaning and painting? Ben and Katy were very appreciative and we sent them on their way home with some left overs.

Sunday was church and as we had been on the road for the last two Sundays we were so glad to be back with our church family. A baptism and a good sermon were just what we needed after our busy week.

I look forward to seeing what everyone did over the weekend. Have a blessed week!

4 comments:

Terri D said...

Arlene, I enjoyed your weekend recap, even without photos. We know how adorable those kiddos are! Glad you had such a good Sunday, back with your church family! Wishing you a good week ahead!

Linda said...

You painted pictures with your words so I was able to SEE your wonderful weekend in my mind!
I am going to enjoy this last full week of August! September will be here soon!

Arlene said...

Terri, we were worn out on Sunday. Glad God gave us Sunday to rest. Linda, I am itching to get my fall things out. I got a phone call from my framer that my Thanksgiving sampler is done. I am stitching like mad on my Christmas sampler. I love the seasons!!

Mari said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! It's cooler here today and a roast beef dinner sounds like a good plan.