Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2015

It Works!

Yesterday my sister, Leta, gave me a call? "What are your doing?" She asked after I said hello. " I am sitting here pinning things on Pinterest." I replied.  "What a hard life you have!" She responded. And it is true! :) I am so blessed to be able to be home and to sit down and look at Pinterest after lunch. In fact,  I did have a purpose in my pinning. I visited my local Cross Stitch store yesterday and I found out that the owners of The Prairie Schooler, one of my favorite pattern companies, are retiring!! The NERVE! I just love their patterns so I was pinning some on Pinterest to remind myself of patterns I would like to order before they close down. We are hoping that someone younger in the family might take over the business and make all the old samplers available but you never know.  I asked Marlene, owner of The Cross Stitch Peddler, if there were any up and coming Cross Stitch designers.  Apparently there are none in the style of Prairie Schooler.  Oh well...they have worked hard and they deserve to retire no matter how sad it makes me.

I have loved Pinterest since I first became famililar with the concept of a virtual memo pad.  I have about 50 boards on my Pinterest page and I refer to them quite often. I can say that I have had very few Pinterest Fails. Most of the recipes I have tried are good and the craft and decorating projects have turned out well too. 

Yesterday I was making a casserole that needed shredded chicken.  I do not know about you but I hate shredding chicken after it is cooked. I had seen a pinterest pin that I thought I would try. After your chicken is done boiling or baking,  ( I always bake mine in the oven with olive oil, salt and pepper), you put it in a Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment and turn it on. The picture showed perfectly shredded chicken.  You must do it while the chicken is warm by the way.  Well it worked like a charm!

Here is my finished product. Now I do not know if it would work with a mixer with beaters but the paddle did a great job of tearing the chicken apart just right. And in no time at all I might add.  I will never have to shred chicken by hand anymore!!  I did cut up my chicken in large pieces before adding it to the mixer, next time I might just put the chicken breasts in there whole and see what happens.

Thanks to all of you who commented on my post yesterday about Baylor's big achievement. So thankful for all the prayers you have prayed for him. And then when I went to my mailbox I found this pretty card from my blog friend, Mildred. The blogging community makes such a difference in my life! I count it a privilege to know each and every one of you online and I am sure that if we met up we would sit for hours just chatting away! 

Well today is Friend Day and Deborah is making lunch for us!! I look forward to spending some time at her lovely home in the country. Yes...I do have a hard life don't I????

9 comments:

Terri D said...

Arlene, thanks for sharing this great chicken shredding idea! I wonder if it would work on pork, too? I tend to forget about my Pinterest boards. Need to get over there and check in again! Enjoy your girlfriend lunch time today!

Arlene said...

Well Terri, I would try it on pork...it is about the same texture! Now you have given me a new idea!! I try to check my pinterest boards fairly often for recipes and seasonal ideas.

Linda said...

I love your life and I appreciate the tip for shredding chicken - or pork as the case may be!!
I admit I have never mastered the art of Pinterest! I have one and I add to it sometimes and others send me pins but I am a klutz at figuring out how to retrieve them! Sooner or later I will try again!

Mari said...

I love Pinterest and found that same tip. I even share it on my blog several months ago!
That Mildred is such a sweetie!

Arlene said...

Linda, I hope you do figure it out. Now when I need a recipe, I look at my pinterest pins to try something new. I also enjoying the seasonal decorating ideas. It took me a while to figure it out as well!!
Mari, when I saw that Pinterest pin, I could not believe that it would work so I was totally surprised. I just got my Kitchen Aid in February and I wish now I had had one years ago when I cooked more!! And yes, I LOVE Mildred!!

Victoria Stankus said...

I don't have a Kitchen Aid mixer but, if I did, I would be trying this shredding thing. I saw that on Pinterest also. For now, I just shred the old fashioned way.

Arlene said...

Voctoria, I resisted a Kitchen Aid for years. I just did not know if I would use one regularly. But my old mixer was giving up the ghost and I found this cute Apple Green one so I got it. I have to say they are everthing they say they are!! Wish I had gotten one when I was first married.

Gina said...

Pintrest is a wonderful place. I don't do much pinning but I love to look at the projects! Love the mixer idea for the chicken!

Arlene said...

As I hate dealing with pulling chicken apart for recipes, this was a real winner IMHO!!