Followers

Saturday, August 29, 2015

More Oils

Most of you know of my love for Young Living Essential Oils, well I also love oil paintings!!:)

As promised here is the second post about my shopping expedition to Downtown Decatur. After leaving Pineapples empty handed, I headed to Bank Street and Tammy Eddy's Antiques. Tammy is such a gracious southern lady and she has impeccable taste. If I need some eye candy, I always head to Tammy's store for a stroll among her treasures.  I should have taken some photos of the inside of her store but you can find her on Facebook as Tammy Eddy Antiques...she has lots of photographs of the interior of her store on her page. 

On Thursday I hit the jackpot as she had all her oil paintings on sale for 75% off!! With plans for our cabin in the works, I knew I could use some extra pieces for my own home as well as the cabin. And at 75% off, I did not hesitate to choose some oils. 


I chose this piece for my guest room as I plan to take the print that I had over the bed to the cabin. It had a little chipping  at the top of the painting but I was able to fix that with no problem at all.


And here it is in place. I will probably add a frame to it at a later date.


Here is my favorite and it is now in the living room! I just loved this gracious interior! And don't you like my easel? This little blue chair was in my husband's Sunday School Class when he was a little boy. My mother in law grabbed several of them before they were tossed in the dumpster during a church remodel. 

Here are my choices for the cabin. We hope to have a rustic, rural look there as it is on my family farm.


We have to have a chicken picture!!


And I just liked this one. Still lifes have always appealed to me.  I have quite the stash of things for the cabin now. We sent in our final revisions to John, who is drawing up our plans. Once we have those we will get serious about getting the site prepared and choosing a builder. My brother in law, Bruce, has been such a help in advising us on who to hire to do what!!  Another blessing of a small town is that everyone has connections.

We had a great MOPs meeting yesterday and I will be blogging about that on Monday! Have a blessed weekend friends.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

I love all of them, especially the chicken one. For some reason, I have always loved chickens and ducks. Have quite a few around. The painting above your bed looks great.... matches very well.

Terri D said...

You always find the best deals and the most interesting and beautiful things! Good choices, all!! Have a good weekend!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow you hit the jackpot! I LOVE that chicken painting!!

Arlene said...

I was doing a happy dance in the store ladies.lol...And I found a frame I had kept that will fit the chicken oil!! Glad I kept it! I really do need to clear away some clutter but I may wait until we furnish our cabin.

Linda said...

What great art pieces you found!! I love them ALL!!!

Mari said...

You did so good! I like them all, and the chair is adorable!

Arlene said...

Linda, if I were talented like you, I could do my own!! And Mari, that chair is one of my favorite pieces of furniture. The Grands use it all the time.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of these paintings! WOW! They are beautiful. Enjoy your week! Hugs!