Followers

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Nana's Fall Book Box

I am not ready to get the pumpkins out yet but I thought I would change the books in Nana's Book Box from Summer to Fall. My grands enjoy taking this box from beside the secretary and reading these books. Kendall and Landon can read on their own now but every now and then, Landon still enjoys having me read a book to him. Margaret, Baylor, Elliott and Audrey are still young enough to enjoy Nana's lap at book time.

We all enjoy the I Spy Books and believe me you can spend an afternoon looking for all the objects on the page.

This is a favorite of mine for the little ones.

Room on the Broom was our favorite new book last year. Sprout network made a little cartoon of it last fall so I dvr'd it and we just watched it again the other day. Arthur is a favorite of the older grands.

Fall Changes is one I purchased to use in my twos preschool class and I love the pretty fall photographs and activities that are shown on every page. Countdown to Halloween is another one that is fun for the littlies.


And of course, this classic is always a favorite. We also have the DVD but the kiddos enjoy the book as well.

I love Corduroy the Bear.  And another Arthur book!

I picked up this Berenstain Bear Book last year at Walmart. I saw that Hobby Lobby has a new Berenstain Bear Thanksgiving book that I will have to add to my Book Box. Pumpkin Heads is probably a little more scary than the other books but Nana loves the pictures.

Turkey Surprise is also a recent addition. And here is my favorite of all..Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor. It is old fashioned and sweet!

A Max Board Book for the little ones finishes off my Book Box.  Hope I have inspired you to set aside a corner in your home for some seasonal books!!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

I like that idea. I will have to remember that for grandkids one day.

Karen said...

You have a nice collection. Like you, I am thinking of fall, and have been gathering decorations and books for Kaedyn. She is fascinated with squirrels and acorns.

Linda said...

What a great collection of books for fall!!! I think I will be a copy cat and borrow your great idea!!

Arlene said...

Glad you ladies like my idea!! And sometimes I sit and look at them all by myself.

Mari said...

I love spending time reading to my granddaughter. I love the idea of seasonal books in a box - thanks!

Arlene said...

Mari, I got the idea from a teacher friend of mine. She did this with her children and I copied it for my grands.

Terri D said...

What a great collection for your very lucky grandchildren! What fun!

Whitney Pendell said...

I love collecting books for current and future nieces & nephews! Thanks for the suggestions. I always loved Tasha Tudor books when I was little, and that one looks so sweet!

http://comehomeforcomfort.com

Arlene said...

whitney, Tasha Tudor books are always so sweet and I look for them in Book Rooms, antique shops etc. My grands love having all the books in one place and so do I!! Reading is such a gift to pass on to the next generation.

Heather said...

Fun idea!! I still enjoy reading kiddo books.

Arlene said...

Me Too Heather!!