Followers

Friday, August 28, 2015

Pineapple's

Pineapple's in downtown Decatur is one of my favorite stores to visit when I am on Second Avenue. I had not shopped there in a while so I decided to drop in and check out their goods. It is a home accents and seasonal decorating store so I thought it would put me in the mood for fall decorating.

The owner was setting up an outside display as I arrived. She said business had been very slow in August so she was hoping shoppers would flock in for their fall decorating needs.

Everything looked very festive. And it seems lights are everywhere this fall. See those illuminated pumpkins?

Most everything on display had a Halloween theme while I like more of a Fall theme myself.

Inside the store there were more things to see.

Seasonal wreaths are one of the specialities at Pineapples. You can even order your own Alabama or Auburn wreath to display on your door on Gameday. I did like the little witches hat hanger. It would look cute on my back door!

But I was not in the mood to purchase Halloween displays just yet, so I headed down to Bank Street to Tammy Eddy Antiques, another favorite shop, and guess what I found there??? I will post pictures tomorrow!!

And now I am off to MOPs this morning! I am ready to kick off another year with my young friends. They are so sweet and such a blessing to me. My blog friend, Mari ( My Little Corner of the World)  is also going to be a MOPs mentor this year. I told her that she would love it!  Mentoring is a great way to make an impact on the next generations!

8 comments:

Terri D said...

The Halloween decorations are all very cute. I don't decorate for Halloween because we don't invite the Trick or Treaters anymore. Our lights are off and if someone rings the bell, we just don't answer. Too many older kids come around these days. Bah humbug.

I DO put fall-flavored wreaths on the front doors (French doors, so two of everything). Not quite time for that yet. Maybe mid-September.

Can't wait to see what else you found!! :)

Tori Leslie said...

That's a cute store. Don't do Halloween but I love all things Fall. Can't believe we're even talking about Fall but here it is. Where did the year go?

Arlene said...

I like the fun part of Halloween but not the creepy part! I do like a good jackolantern as it reminds me of Halloween when I was a girl and it was just a fun night to get treats!! We do not have many trick or treaters in our neighborhood but I certainly understand your Bah Humbug Terri. In the last neighborhood we lived in it was crazy...and Big Kids do not need to get candy in my opinion. It is for the little ones. Tori, I am with you..this year has SPED by it seems.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I enjoyed looking at the fall and Halloween decorations you have shared today. Yes I even saw Halloween costumes at Costco today'.
I hope you have a nice afternoon and weekend.
Julie xo

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

We have a MOPS group here in Fairhope and I wish they would have had one when my boys were young. It looks like they have so much fun!

I can't get in the fall/halloween mood just yet. It's still so hot down here and I love summer so much, but I'll have to admit, those decorations are pretty cute!

Arlene said...

Julie, fall is certainly in the stores here!! Leslie Anne, MOPs has been such a blessing in my life. Those girls give as much as they get!!

Mari said...

I'm like you - not into Halloween decorations, but I like to put our Fall things.
Looking forward to Mops. We have a sample run through on the 9th, then start the next week.
Do you give something small out to your Mom's the first week. We are still trying to come up with a small token gift.

Arlene said...

Mari, I sent you an email..hope you received it. Some things we do at MOPs.