Followers

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Q is for Quilt

While I was home over the weekend, my mother gave me my Christmas Gift. No she could not wait until Christmas to share my gift with me!  My mother's friend, Dot, was selling some of her beautiful quilts and my mother wanted each of her daughters to have one of these jewels.  I love mine. It is the Split Rail pattern done in lovely pinks, blues, yellows and greens.



I love that it has a special label with the quilters name on it!!

It looks perfect on my bed!!

I am thinking this quilt will be going back to Chatsworth when we get our cabin done. Mother also told me that Dot has several more quilts she is going to sell so I may be visiting her to get another one!!

PS...Carolina Stitcher is doing a give away of one of her project bags!! You might want to visit her blog( it is on my Blogs I Read) and leave a comment. Just noted that Priscillas is doing a give a way as well. If you do not enter you will not win!! So I am entering!!

11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful gift! This is something you'll enjoy always! I keep quilts folded on my cedar chest at the end of my bed...even here in Florida! Hugs!

Arlene said...

Diane, I love a quilt to throw over me...in fact I used this one at my mom's house to take a nap on Saturday!!

Gina said...

Arlene what gorgeous colors! What beautiful handiwork!

Arlene said...

I know Gina and this dear lady is in her mid 80s!! Still quilting!! Hope I can still do handwork at that age.

Terri D said...

How wonderful!! The quilt is just beautiful. Perfection! Keep us posted if you get another one from her.

Arlene said...

I will Terri! I cannot imagine having to get rid of all my hand crafted treasures. She has given many to family members and still has more!!

Sandy said...

I love it. Nothing is a replacement for a handmade quilt. That blue wall in the background looks amazing too.

Arlene said...

Thanks Sandy...it is Wedgewood Gray I believe...Benjamin Moore. A friend of mine used it in her house and I loved it so I used it in my master bedroom!

Barbara said...

Such a beautiful quilt. It is hard to believe someone would make a quilt in just my colors. I know you'll enjoy it.

Arlene said...

I love those calming colors too Barbara!!

Rian said...

Hi Arlene, this is the first time I've visited your blog (via doodles and daydreams). Love the quilt... the colors as well as the Split Rail design. I'm new to quilting and so far my favorite pattern has been the Log Cabin, but the Split Rail may well be my next favorite. Thanks for sharing.

I'm surprised that the kids are going back to school so soon there also. Ours do go back in August, but not till the 24th. Being from Louisiana, we used to go back after Labor Day also...