Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Signs of Fall

One sign of fall is that soccer season is upon us. Landon was in a tournament over the weekend. Games will go on until mid September I believe. Unless the team does well and they go to the tournament. Amelia says this is unlikely as they are one of the younger teams in an older league.

I got two Fall magazines in the mail this week.  I proudly put them on the top of my stack of magazines on the coffee table.  Just to remind myself that Fall is coming.

I was in Tuesday Morning yesterday and they had a fairly big fall items display.

School starts back next week.  Kendall and Landon start on the 13th while Margaret and Baylor start on the 14th.  It will be Margaret's first time to go to school so pray for her that she has a good day. I think she will love it . She is a very sociable little girl. Kendall is excited because two of her best friends are in her class. I was telling her that my school only had two classes for each grande. ( and I also told her that the smart kids were usually in one class while those who struggled were in the other one!). I went to school with the same kids all the way to the end of 8th grade.  I did not have to worry about my friends being in my class. And as I remember it, not many of them ever moved away from Eton.  We were a rural area where families had lived for years and had no plans to go anywhere!  It was very different to go to high school with kids from all over the county!

I am noticing that in addition to cooler temps while I am walking, that the sun is rising later now. Another sign of the changing seasons.  I am so glad I live in an area where we get to enjoy four seasons of the year.

And last, Marvin sent our check for our week in Gulf Shores in September. This is an annual trip for us to celebrate our anniversary.( 39 this year). We love going to the beach in September as all the crowds are gone and we can wear our bathing suits on the beach along with all the other old folks.:)

How about it blog friends? Are you seeing signs of fall in your part of the world. And for my friend, Diana, in New Zealand...signs of spring?

11 comments:

Sandy said...

I am noticing the signs of fall, but I am doing my best to ignore them for a little while longer. I am trying really hard to enjoy every ounce of summer. I do love fall though. I think this year when I decide that it is here, I will embrace it like never before. I want to head to the cabin and enjoy the trees. Fall is one season I have never really had the chance to fully enjoy because of my profession. I never went on any vacations during the fall. I am few years out on that, since Hubby has a few more years and is a high school principal.
I hesitate to say that you are so right about September being a great beach month, but it really is. We all draw a sigh of relief around here to be able to go somewhere without it taking so long because of traffic.

Arlene said...

Sandy, we went to Gulf Shores last year as a family in July and oh my goodness!! We LOVE September when it is slower and no lines at the restaurants. But I love Gulf Shores, no matter the season! I hope you do enjoy getting a chance to relax and enjoy the end of summer. My sister is a teacher and I know that this is her busiest time of the year. Love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to!

Mildred said...

I love fall! I know you'll enjoy your new magazines. Praying that all your grands have a nice first day of school.
We are enjoying MUCH cooler mornings! Makes me know that fall will arrive one day soon.
I know you look forward to your anniversary trip. Sounds delightful.
(my older brother went to St. Martin with his grown daughter last week. He actually got a "spray tan" before going!!! lol said he did not want to scare the locals!!!!!)

Arlene said...

Mildred, does anything feel so good as the cooler temps after a hot Georgia /Alabama summer? It is so refreshing. I know I picked up my pace as I was walking. I have been tempted to get a spray tan but then I just figure I will blend into the sand and no one can see me.lol...

Mrs.T said...

No real signs of fall here yet. August is usually a pretty hot month up here. Near the end of August it starts to cool down at night.

Mari said...

I'm trying to avoid thinking of Fall. It's not bad but I don't like what comes after. :)
There were 3 classes in each grade for me, until high school. I like the small town schools!

Terri D said...

No signs of fall yet here in Central Florida. Hard to believe school is starting again soon for the kiddos. That is a sure sign of fall.

doodles n daydreams said...

Hi Arlene, Yes the days are starting to draw out and it has been slightly warmer in the middle of the day here. We probably need another couple of weeks yet before the buds start appearing and I am so looking forward to it. The next week is forecast back to winter temps though so we'll just have to keep rugging up for a wee while yet. But the warmer weather can't be far away :)
Landon looks very proud holding the soccer trophy. My 2 youngest grandsons play soccer (or football as my daughter would correct me) too and love it.

Diana

Arlene said...

Mrs T...I know you enjoy the warmer months with all the cold weather you get in the winter! Mari, I am so glad that I grew up in a small town. My classmates were almost like family to me. Terri, Some days I think I would like to live in Florida..especially in January and February!! Diana, it is hard for me to wrap my head around the opposite seasons!! Hope you see some better weather soon!

Gina said...

No signs of Autumn here (except in the stores!). It hasn't cooled off or rained in a while. It may this weekend (I hope!) I am not minding summer so much this year. Loving North Carolina!

Arlene said...

I am so glad you like your new home. Lots of my ancestors settled there before moving on to Georgia.