Followers

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Soccer Nights!

There goes my Landon in the blue...chasing that soccer ball! One of the dad's on the team took this great photo. When I was showing it to Landon, he tells me "That is Jace. He is one of my best friends at school but he is on the other team!!"  I responded, "I guess that must be hard to play against your friend." He just nodded solemnly in reply.

It reminded me of the Bible verse, A friend loveth at all times.  Proverbs 17:17 ( You can tell I memorized my Bible Verses in KJV!)  I think Landon realizes that friendship is more important than soccer.

Today is friend day here in Alabama. Susan, Deborah and I will be having lunch at Food Fite on the river, the Tennessee River that is.  We have been having lunch together every Thursday for approximately 15 years. It is probably longer than that but it has been so long I have forgotten. Not much keeps us from meeting on Thursdays. Sickness and Travel have been the big two with Travel being number one.  Don't you like the name Food Fite? The restaurant is owned by the Fite family and they were creative in naming their eatery. It is such a beautiful day that we might just sit on the patio and enjoy our lunch!! I have heard from many of my northern blog friends that they are not ready for the summer to come to an end. I can understand that..their long cold winters make them long for warmer temps. Here in the south, we have had the long hot summer and we are ready for some cooler days. I am sure, come January, I will be remembering the hot summer with yearning as well.

Have a blessed day friends.

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love the soccer photo! My 3 Grandsons play soccer ages 17, 10,and 7. Sounds like a wonderful lunch tradition!

Terri D said...

That is a great soccer shot! A keeper, for sure! I love my 'friend days' when I can get together with 'the girls' for lunch and catch up. We don't get to do it as often as you. Maybe when I retire we can do it more often than every couple of months. Food Fite is a very clever play on words! Enjoy!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a fun name for a restaurant and such a great tradition to have lunch every Thursday with your friends! Landon and Jace look so cute, playing their little hearts out!!

Arlene said...

Ladies, we had a great lunch seated outside under an umbrella with a gentle Alabama breeze blowing off the river! Yes, that Landon is serious about soccer!! Bless him!

Mari said...

That is such a great picture!
I love the name of the restaurant, and I think it's great you're going out with your friends.
Here in the North, I'm enjoying summer and dread the cold weather. :)

Arlene said...

Mari, we are enjoying perfect weather here this week. Of course, the hot weather will probably be back before we know it.

Linda said...

Come winter time I will remember these HOT days, too, but NOT with yearning!!!
How wonderful to have friends such as you have that meet up for lunch.
I hope you had a really good day!

Arlene said...

Linda, I can take the hot better than the cold!! When my feet get cold, I am cold all over! But today's weather was just about perfect! We had a lovely lunch...piled all our Vera bags in the extra chair and I put the photo on instagram. I am arl5n5 if you do instagram.

doodles n daydreams said...

A great soccer photo - good action shot. My two youngest grandsons play soccer and their big sister (17) coaches a first year team. They all enjoy it and I enjoy watching them when they play near us.
Have a good day,

Diana

Arlene said...

Diana, I really enjoy soccer more than baseball which is Landon and Kendall's spring sport. Kendall says there is too much running in soccer so she prefers softball.lol...