Followers

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sprucing Up

We have lived in our townhouse for six years now and I have not really done a lot out front with our flower beds and our small porch. I was busy getting the inside decorated and felt the outside was ok so it was just routine maintenance and nothing else.  But this year I decided to pay a little attention to the curb appeal. I pulled out the holly bushes that were so hard to trim and replaced them with nandinas. I also planted a pretty Japanese maple, my favorite landscape tree.  We are waiting for some pretty curbing that will surround the flower beds. I will be sure and post photos of it once it is installed.

I wanted some chairs for the front porch but I did not want to pay an exorbitant price so I began looking on our Decatur Trading Page on Facebook.  After much searching I found a pair of two wicker chairs for sixty dollars! I picked them up, brought them home and got busy getting them spruced up. The chairs were originally gray but of course I for got to take a before photo!

I took them out back and spray painted them Kona Brown.

I used this product and it covered very well!!

Done and drying in the sun!

Here they are in place out front!  The perfect place to sit and have a cup of coffee on a cool morning. I saw a small table at Walmart that should fit  between the chairs, providing a place for mugs and glasses.  I am still planning to paint the front door. I just cannot make up my mind on a shade!  And I wanted to wait until the temperatures moderated before getting out my paintbrush.

And I have to give a shout out to YLEO Lemon oil. Of course I did not stop to put on a pair of latex gloves before spray painting as I was caught up in the moment. And the result was as expected! I had spray paint on my fingers that I could not get off with soap. I thought of my lemon oil and found that it took the paint off without harming my skin!!

So another project is marked off my TO DO List...now if I could just decide on a color for that front door.

11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That same color would look great on your front door! Good job....I'll be over for a cup of coffee later. Hugs, Diane

Arlene said...

Diane, I am pouring the coffee right now!!:)

Sandy said...

They look great. Choosing colors can be difficult. I am not so good at that.
And I have officially decided I am ready for some cooler weather.

Denise said...

The porch looks great! I love adding curb and "welcome!" appeal to my house! Good job!

Arlene said...

Thanks Sandy and Denise. I like to have some manner of G on my front porch as with the townhomes all looking alike, I want guests to recognize my door. Come fall I have a wreath with a rust colored G! I am looking forward to getting in a nice border rather than the green edging that the builder put in!

Terri D said...

The chairs, your porch and your flower bed all look fabulous!!

Mari said...

It all looks o nice! You did a great job!

Susan Graben said...

Did you put down newspaper to spray paint or did you take them to the grassy knoll?

Arlene said...

Thanks Terri and Mari!! And Susan I did put down newspaper in the garage! That way I could let it dry then spray again!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Arlene the price for the chairs was great and the same with the paint job! Wishing you a nice Wednesday.
Julie xo

Arlene said...

Thanks Julie...I was happy to find them for that price!!