Followers

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Think Fall and Christmas!!




A friend of mine had posted this on her facebook page this morning!!  When I look at those numbers I know all those special days will be here before we know it!! 92 Days until Thanksgiving!! So glad I have my Thanksgiving sampler done!!




I picked it up at the framer yesterday! I was very happy with how it turned out! I like the barn red frame.

Now I need to get that Christmas sampler finished up. If you enjoy cross stitch check out Priscillas blog on my blog roll. She just completed a pretty fall wreath with a small sampler inserted in the middle! It is darling and gave me some ideas for using smaller pieces of needlework.

And here is a good site to order patterns and supplies if you do not have a cross stitch store or Hobby Lobby nearby.www.bchcottage.com.  They offer great sales on patterns as well. Since I have a wonderful cross stitch shop here in town, I use it! I want them to stay in business. Some days you want to stitch and you do not want to wait for supplies to arrive via snail mail.  But if my shop should close, I am glad to know about this site!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Your sampler turned out wonderfully. I just love it. Thanks for the link to a good site for purchasing patterns. We have nothing around here for stitching. I have seen so many adorable things on other websites. It makes me jealous. Everyone has been talking about the cool air. It is very cool outside here this morning. That makes you think fall even more. I now know what everyone has been talking about.

Elizabeth said...

That is a beautiful sampler! I am so ready for fall! I am Elizabeth and jumped over from Dianes at (Lavender Dreamer)

Arlene said...

Sandy...I am glad you are getting some relief from the heat. We are headed to Gulf Shores for the week of Sept 19th so I am praying up some perfect weather for that week!! Enjoy the link I posted. I may order a few things that are not available at my shop. Hobby Lobby is ok for floss but no patterns at our store. Check out Carolina Stitcher as well...she has some pretty finished projects posted. I may ask her to do some finish work for me. That is one thing that is hard to find here.

Elizabeth, thanks for dropping by! I love meeting new blog friends!

CatTales said...

Arlene, Your sampler is beautiful and the frame is perfect. I always enjoyed cross stitching so very much. Thank you for sharing your project.

Rian said...

Arlene, love the sampler! My friend (the one who is teaching me to quilt) does beautiful cross stitch also. She would love your sampler. I will have to show it to her. And although I've never been to Gulf Shores myself, I have friends who love it there. Have a wonderful time!

Tori Leslie said...

I love your sampler! I seriously don't have that much patients. Btw, can't believe how fast the year has passed. Crazy!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Oh by looking at the days like that it does make you realize that fall and the holidays will soon be here.
You made such a pretty cross stitch picture.
Enjoy the day.
Julie

Cranberry Morning said...

What a beautiful sampler and such a pretty frame for it!! Although I can be quite satisfied if fall and winter were each 1 month long this year. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that dark red frame too! It's beautiful and you'll enjoy it year round! Hugs!

Linda said...

You do such beautiful work!!!
I live for September 1st! My favorite day of the year! The heat is almost behind us and we have a long stretch of cooler weather before we have to face another Texas Summer. Only 5 days and then I wake up to September!

Karen said...

A lovely sampler. Yes, it is that time of year to look forward to the change of seasons and the upcoming holidays!

Terri D said...

The barn red frame looks amazing! Excellent choice. I envy those who are so creative and talented.

Arlene said...

What a surprise to see all these wonderful comments. On to Fall...

Mari said...

Nooo! I'm still trying to hang onto summer. :)
I love your sampler.

Arlene said...

Mari, I do understand my northern sisters enjoying summer!! But here in Alabama we are ready for some relief and this week has been just lovely!!