Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Taste of Savannah


A short post this morning as I am off to meet the girls for breakfast! My husband loves Johnny Harris BBQ sauce and well he should as the Johnny Harris restaurant was not far from the house where he grew up! I am sure the smell of BBQ wafted over to Oleander Ave from Victory Drive.  Whenever we are in Savannah, we bring some bottles home with us.  Imagine my surprise when I was shopping at the Walmart Neighborhood Market and I found four bottles of Johnny Harris on the clearance shelf! Score one for the Grimms!! These bottles should last us a while.

And remember it is Thoughtful Thursday...join me today in finding ways  to bless others!!

4 comments:

Terri D said...

Thoughtful Thursday! I love that! How fortunate to find your BBQ sauce on the shelves at Walmart...and on sale! I'll have to look for that brand and see if we can find it down here. I'm sure you had a great breakfast and morning with 'your girls'! Hope the rest of your day is also delightful!

Arlene said...

Terri, this has been one of those days!! but we all have them! I was fixing my microwave and ended up breaking it. So now we will have to get a new one but on a positive note, we needed a new one.And I did enjoy my bfast at Cracker Barrel. They were putting out Christmas Trees!!

Mari said...

That's a great find! I don't think we have that brand here. My hubby is a lover of BBQ sauce and puts t on so many things. :)

Arlene said...

Mari, my husband loves Johnny Harris. Here in Decatur, Big Bob Gibson BBQ is king and while we like their sauces, Marvin prefers Johnny Harris. If you ever watch the Today Show, Big Bob Gibson is always featured at the NYC BBQ cook off. We are fortunate to have such good BBQ here in our little town.