Followers

Friday, September 11, 2015

Patriot's Day

Another September 11th and it brings with it memories of that day 14 years ago when everything seemed so uncertain.  I was on my way to work, teaching my sweet little two year olds at CWS when I heard the news that the World Trade Center was on fire. Only later would I learn that a plane had flown into the building. As our moms dropped off their children, we heard bits and pieces of the news and I have to say that fear grabbed my heart.  Before 9-11, the assassination of President Kennedy had been the major world event in my life that stood out among the others. Now there was a new national tragedy that moved to the forefront.  A reminder that there is evil in this world and that our only hope is Jesus.

I am off to MOPs this morning but I will be remembering 9-11 and saying a prayer for our country.

7 comments:

Terri D said...

Like you, Kennedy's assassination was "the big one" for me, until the horror of 9-11-2001. Lots of prayers being offered today. Evil can't win.

Arlene said...

No it cannot Terri!!

Tori Leslie said...

I remember the 11th. We were sitting in our living room with our language teacher and the news was on. She was a Bosnian refugee and she wept as it effected her as it did us all. We sat in shock waiting for the embassy to call and evacuate. It seriously changed my view of the world.

You're so right, our ONLY hope is in Jesus!

Arlene said...

Yes Tori, only Jesus can bring peace in the hearts of men and women! I remember how frightened I was as we live here in the heart of the national defense industry. We could not help but wonder if we would be next. So thankful for our church that had a worship service that evening and the church was full. Sadly, we live in a sound bite world where things are forgotten in no time at all.

Linda said...

Amen.....

Whitney Pendell said...

Amen to that, friend! Jesus is our hope!

http://comehomeforcomfort.com

Arlene said...

If only more people could see that Whitney...I pray God will open the eyes of their hearts and see their need. The world is very dark right now.