Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Beach Time

Well I have to include a few beach photos as we stayed on the beach most of the week. The breeze was wonderful and there was only one afternoon rainstorm the whole time we were there!!

This is the view from our condo. See those beach chairs with the umbrellas? Ours was the one on the end. The water was so calm the first two days we were there. Hardly a ripple and so clear you could see all the way to the bottom! But after the rain on Tuesday, the water got a little rougher and once again I could close my eyes and listen to the waves breaking on the shore. It lulls me to sleep!!

I do not know if you can see it but lots of people are lined up by the water as there was a shark sighting. I did not run down to look. If a shark is going to get me he will have to take me from my deck chair!! The life guard came to the site and made everyone get out of the water for safety's sake. Apparently no one looked very tasty so Mr Shark headed back out to better fishing.



My sweet husband got a bit burned on our trip and I have to give kudos to this Young Living product. Lavaderm is a mist that is very cooling on sunburned skin. We used half the bottle on him!! I did not need it as I have learned to stay covered up as most sane fair skinned people figure out by the time they are 60!  My husband is still a bit of a skeptic where essential oils are concerned but when he loves one he LOVES it. He brings me the bottle every night so I can spray Lavaderm on him!! He also LOVES Peppermint.  I won't go into the list of all the oils I like but I would like to share that I recently became an executive with Young Living. I admit I was very surprised as I am not a salesperson. I do not want my friends to say, "Oh here comes Arlene and she is going to nag me to buy oils!" That is not my style at all. I have just shared with those who are interested and the oils seem to sell themselves.  I think with increasing medical costs we are all looking to be healthier and to commit to lifestyle changes.


When I got home from my vacay I had this sweet gift in the mail along with a congrats card from my upline leader, Myra. It is nice to be recognized. As a wife, mom and nana, I do not get a lot of adulation.lol

And finally I have to share something I purchased for myself at Krispy Kreme in Foley...yes we had to have donuts while on Vacay!

How cute is this?? It is just hard plastic and more suited for the kiddos but I just thought I had to bring it home with me. Marvin posted a picture of it on Facebook and my brother in law, William, wanted one as well so we HAD to go back to the donut store for one for William. I will be taking it to him this weekend when we visit Brevard.

Busy times at Nanaland...lots of traveling and visiting! Good Times!

17 comments:

Vintage Girl 901 said...

I'm visiting from over at Mari's My Little Corner of the world. I'm glad I dropped by. Enjoyed reading your blog.

Heather said...

Looks like a great day to be at the beach; well, aside from the shark, that is!

Arlene said...

Vintage Girl, I love that name!! So cute. I dropped by and left a comment with you as well!! Heather those sharks are not going eat this white meat!!lol. It is good to be back home.

Sandy said...

People are always amazed that we don't get in the gulf. Heavens no, I have seen way too many sharks for my liking, and I understand how quickly the undertow works. I just sit safely in my chair and admire the beauty from there.

Arlene said...

Amen Sandy!! I will walk along the beach and let the surf break over my toes but that is about it!! Jelly Fish are really bad there too and they can get you before you know they are there.

Terri D said...

That beach looks heavenly!! I stay covered up too, and even then use at least a Factor 30 on any exposed skin. Congratulations on moving up the line with your essential oils!

Gina said...

Arlene, the color of the ocean is such a beautiful blue. How wonderful to sit and enjoy the sunshine and listen to the waves!

I didn't know that you were a salesperson for the oils etc. That's great! Congratulations on your promotion!!

Arlene said...

Thanks Terri!

Arlene said...

Thanks Gina!

Katie C said...

I love that Krispy Kreme mug! How adorable. And glad you've been having such fun at the beach.

Arlene said...

Thanks for stopping by Katie!! Loved your guest post on BrightonaBudget this am!!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

What an adorable little mug! I absolutely love Krispy Kreme and threw my son a Krispy Kreme birthday party for my son when he turned five, complete with giant doughnut pinata!
Fun trip! Glad you weren't gobbled up by the shark!

doodles n daydreams said...

Just looking in to tell you that no, we don't have spanish moss in New Zealand. I think that is why I find it so exotic. We have dense rainforest on the west coast of the South Island and the far north of the North Island and we call it the bush. So a little different to what you see probably.

Diana

Linda said...

I loved all your beach photos!!! You remind me of Louis Dean! He stays IN his chair and COVERED up! One beach trip he wore all black and covered up in the beach towels - draping one over his head! We don't go to the beach very often anymore.....
LOVED that cute coffee cup!!!!

Arlene said...

Leslie Anne I would love a Krispy Kreme Birthday Party!! Diana, most people think the Spanish Moss is everywhere in the South but it is only in the lower south. I am sure the Bush is lovely too!! Thanks for taking time to share about New Zealand as I find it very interesting. Linda, I love the beach in September when I can wear my bathing suit without any judgments.lol....in fact I saw some grannies in two piece suits.( they should stick with a one piece!!) I do use lots of sunscreen and I wear a hat as well. But I had a ball just sitting and watching all the people, reading and napping!!

Tif @ Bright on a Budget said...

The beach looks gorgeous! I was laughing about the shark taking you out of your beach chair. . . didn't sharks used to have legs oh so many tens of thousands of years ago? Definitely would not be going to the beach if that was the case.hahaha

Tif
www.brightonabudget.com

Arlene said...

Hey Tif, I used to watch SNL when the Land Shark would deliver candygrams. I am taking no chances!!