Followers

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Grimm Fam

I thought I would post a few photos from the Grimm Family Labor Day. ( It is a slow newsday here in Nanaland!).

Our 39th wedding anniversary dinner at Connor's Steakhouse and Seafood at Bridgestreet in Huntsville. Lee and Lanier celebrated 39 years on May 29 while we celebrated on September 4th.

And while we were partying in Huntsville, other members of our family were celebrating at the Smith Beachhouse at Tybee Island.

My sister in law's family owns a beach house that is actually part of old Fort Screven. Located just behind the lighthouse, it has been the site of many family celebrations.

This is the view of the light house from the backyard. So thankful that the Smiths are gracious hosts for the Grimms.

A Grimm family friend, Larry Branson, took this photo from the beach. It was a stormy Labor Day morning at Tybee.

I am thankful for my Grimm family. We are scattered all over the southern US and it is seldom that we are all together any more. My husband is hoping to get a siblings reunion together...one that does not involve a wedding or a funeral. You know what I mean, for us it seems those are the only times we are together. It would be nice to just sit and talk over old times at our leisure. I am sure Marvin will make it happen!!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Love the picture of the lighthouse! So beautiful. :)

Sandy said...

I know what you mean about the wedding and funeral thing. All too often that is the only time I see all of my cousins. I was an only child and after Daddy died, my mama and I moved back close to family. I grew up with cousins as my playmates and such a big part of my life and yet... life is busy and we never see each other.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, thanks for the IG follow! It looks like you had a nice Anniversary weekend. I love the photo of the lighthouse.
Bosco and I hope you have a nice day!
Julie

Terri D said...

That is exactly why we did our family reunion beach vacation back in July. It was so fun being together with siblings and cousins (26 of us) for a week (or part of a week - some had to leave early). We want to make it an annual occasion. Great photos!

Arlene said...

Thanks for all the comments Ladies....we spent many happy days at Tybee when the children were growing up. Sandy, my kids did not see their cousins very often growing up and I hated that!!Heather, I have never climbed to the top of the Lighthouse but some family members have!! I am not a fan of heights. Julie, I look forward to keeping up on Instagram!!

Arlene said...

Terri, where did you all meet? We are trying to locate a good location that is not too expensive. That will be our biggest obstacle!!

Karen said...

Wonderful photos!! Isn't the lighthouse beautiful.

Arlene said...

Thanks Karen...Tybee is one of my happy places.

Mari said...

What a beautiful place!
I know what you mean about weddings and funerals. I think Marvins plan is a good one.

doodles n daydreams said...

I have been entrusted with getting our extended family together as well, and for the same reason. We'd like to be able to sit and chat without the funeral/wedding activity. So we'll see what happens :) Good luck Marvin.
Have a nice week,

Diana

Arlene said...

Diana, it is really a chore isn't it? We have been talking about all the logistics and my head already hurts.lol

Whitney Pendell said...

Happy belated Anniversary! <3

Arlene said...

Thank you sweet friend.