Followers

Friday, September 4, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

It is hard to believe that at this time 39 years ago I was waking up to my wedding day and all that entailed. This morning we got up a bit late and I had forgotten all about our anniversary when Marvin greeted me with an anniversary kiss. It is nice when the guy remembers!! We exchanged cards and will be going out to celebrate this evening and tomorrow evening.

I thought I would share some special photos.

This is a picture of Marvin's parents on their wedding day, September 6, 1947.  I love Mama G's stylish suit and her dark gloves. They went on a wedding trip to Minnesota so Mama G could meet all of Papa's relatives.

My parents on their wedding day, April 3, 1954. They went to the Smoky Mountains for their honeymoon.

Marvin and I are so thankful for the example that our parents were to us! Both couples celebrated over 50 years together and were faithful unto death. Of the four parents, my mother is the only one still living and I always try to call her on her anniversary, even though Daddy is in heaven, it is still her anniversary.

And there we are..the young couple...darker hair, thinner bodies and no clue as to the adventure we would share together!  Happy Anniversary Marvin! I hope we have many more years together.

14 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Aww, happy anniversary! I loved all your memories, so sweet.

Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary. I love those pictures and memories.

Arlene said...

Thanks sweet ladies...thankful for a man who is first faithful to God, to me and to his family and friends. There do not seem to be many of them in this present day.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing those photos too.
Have a nice long weekend.
Julie xo

Terri D said...

Happy anniversary!! I love the photos!

Arlene said...

Thanks sweet friends...

Mari said...

Happy Anniversary! It was fun to see the photos.
Bob and I are also thankful for the example set by our parents, who were also faithful to death. My Dad and Bob's mom are still living, they are both 84 now.

Susan Graben said...

My 39th will be coming up next year. Wonder if our paths ever crossed in Atlanta and we just never knew it?

Tif @ Bright on a Budget said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you guys had a wonderful one. And I love your pictures. I keep one of mine and Chauncey's wedding pictures on our nightstand.

Tif
www.brightonabudget.com

Arlene said...

Ladies, you have made my anniversary weekend so special with your felicitations!! Mari, it is good to have such a heritage isn't it? Susan, we probably did cross paths back then!! I am so glad our paths met here in Decatur. Tif, that is such a sweet reminder of the love you share. It is hard to be mad at your spouse with that photo near by!! I like to keep mine out to remind me of how blessed i am with my man!!

jeannine nye said...

What a lovely post you did with talking about your parents and their enduring love, and then your own with your husband... Your day is one day later than mine, and I have just had 25 years together, so I admire your longevity together*** All the very best and congratulations from over the pond.. J

Arlene said...

Thank you so much Jeannine!! I love your name as my mom wanted to name me that and I wish she had!! My dad vetoed it!lol Happy Anniversary to you as well. September is a great month for weddings.

Whitney Pendell said...

I love those pictures! How wonderful to have a heritage of parents who loved each other and stayed faithful to their vows. Happy Anniversary (belated!)!

Arlene said...

Thanks Whitney!! I am blessed indeed.