Followers

Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day!

I always think of Labor Day as the end of summer. While Fall does not arrive until later this month, it is fall here in Nanaland!!

We had a nice weekend with our Memphis visitors. My brother in law, Lee, and his wife, Lanier spent the weekend celebrating our anniversary with us! We had supper at Mellow Mushroom on Friday evening. Then we spent Saturday watching Football and eating snacks. Roll Tide!! Saturday evening we had a nice steak dinner at Connor's in Huntsville. Our husbands were even kind enough to let us wander around Anthropologie before dinner.

Sunday was church and a restful afternoon! Today we are going to the movies with our friends, the Gosnells. We all wanted to see the movie about two old friends walking the Appalachian Trail.  I would also like to see War Room which is getting a lot of attention right now.

Tomorrow we will all get back in our routines. I enjoy a break but I love my little routine and rituals. Enjoy your Labor Day Friends.

11 comments:

Linda said...

So nice to see old stamps. Happy Labour Day to you and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Arlene said...

Linda, I am so glad to make a new blog friend and especially one of our Northern Neighbors!! It is hard to believe that my simple blog touches people from all different places!! I could not resist this stamp as I felt it really describes Labor Day here in the USA. I am so glad for all those who labor to make my life easier.

Terri D said...

Joe and I saw War Room yesterday. It is wonderful. The theater was full and there was applause at the end. I actually almost stood up to yell hallelujah! Please see it!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

We may go see War Room later today, depending on how long the ribs need to cook!

Happy long-weekend to you!

Arlene said...

War Room is next on my list. We saw A Walk in the Woods and laughed and laughed!! I will be reviewing it tomorrow.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sounds like you've had fun! Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Mari said...

We saw the War room last week and greatly enjoyed it and were convicted by the message. You have to see it! :)

designchic said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend - wanting to see War Room - heard it was great!

Linda said...

A perfect Holiday weekend!! Good friends, family, celebrations!! You had it ALL!!!

Tori Leslie said...

No Labor Day here, well at least not now but we still took the day to have some fun here. It's chilly here too, falls on it's way.
Hope you have a good time with your friends. Btw, I heard that War Room is great.

Arlene said...

Yes Linda, it was a great weekend!! Tori, War Room is next on my list. I have heard a lot about it as well.