Followers

Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm Back!!

Well as Dorothy said, "There is no place like home!" We had the perfect week in Gulf Shores. The weather was perfect, sunshine and a gentle breeze almost every day. This is our third year at Shirley's condo which we found through VBRO. We first started going to Gulf Shores after a summer vacay with all the kids and grands that left us wanting some quiet beach time. We love our family but that year we had lots of little ones and Nana and Grandpa came home just worn out.  We decided to look and see if we could find a one bedroom condo in Gulf Shores that fit our budget. We found Shirley's condo and it has been just perfect for us. It is right on the beach so we do not have a long walk to get to the sea and sand. This year Shirley had replaced the living room furniture and she got a very pretty white sofa.  I was worried the whole time that I was going to spill something on it! I am not sure that is the best choice for a vacation rental at the beach! We made it through the week with no spills thank goodness.  We also enjoy renting beach chairs and umbrellas. Chris, our attendant this year, was so good about coming by often to move our umbrella and to make sure everything was just as we wanted it.

We did some shopping at the outlets in Foley and I found some Talbots and JJill tee shirts on sale at Burlington. They are long sleeved and perfect for this winter.  Marvin always buys new work clothes at the Jos A Banks outlet when we visit Gulf Shores.  Let's put it this way, I had quite a few things to press and put away in the closet when we got home.

I read three books this week and one was 600 pages long! I also made a good bit of progress on my cross stitch. It was so good to be away from the cares of home,  no phone calls and very few texts. We tried to unplug as much as possible. I was able to read some of my blogs and comment but our internet connection is rather spotty there and I am not going to complain. A vacation is a time to get away from technology. We also ate royally while we were there. I have some pictures to share next week.

And on the way home Marvin and I noted that the trees are beginning to change colors especially north of Birmingham.  Fall is really on its way to Alabama!

9 comments:

Terri D said...

It is so great that you had such a good vacation away from interruptions! I look forward to those photos next week!!

Arlene said...

Thanks Terri...I missed all my blogging buddies.

Mari said...

Welcome back Arlene! It's good to see you, glad you had a nice time.

Gina said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! We will have to look into beach rental properties for next summer. I hear the beaches of South Carolina are nicer than the ones in North Carolina.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Your back already Arlene? Wow the week went fast. I can't wait to see some photos of the trip. Welcome back!

Mrs.T said...

Welcome back, Arlene! What a blessing that you could get away for an entire week and that you had such a wonderful time and good weather.

Arlene said...

Thank you all so much dear friends! We were certainly blessed this week! I am glad to be home and looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Tori Leslie said...

Glad you had a good time but I'm glad you're back!

Karen said...

Glad you had a nice time on vacation. I love the gulf and the white sand. We are seeing quite a bit of color in southern Indiana this weekend!