Followers

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Lady Time

Lady Time is so important to me. I love my friends and I so enjoy spending time with other females. Every Thursday I have lunch with Susan and Deborah who bring much clarity and sincere friendship to my life. I have a photo of the three of us on my kitchen counter where I can see it everyday and be reminded of the blessing of friendship.

Once a month I have several friends who I meet with intentionally. Maggie is one of my Panera buddies. We try to meet once at month at Panera for coffee and visiting. I worked with Maggie at the Weekday School and we are dear friends all these years later. I also meet my friend, Lori, at Panera. We met as my youngest son and her oldest son were in the same grade at Cornerstone Christian School. Lori was also a teacher who taught my children. She has her own tutoring business now but we make it a priority to sit down for coffee as we can. Sharon and Terry are two of my Sunday School friends. We have lunch together on the first Friday of each month. My friend, Diane, and I meet at IHOP once a month for breakfast. I have found you cannot just say, "let's get together!" because it will never happen.

In addition to these friends, I love W3 and MOPs! W3 stands for Women Walking Worthy. It is the ladies ministry at our church that has been intentionally nurtured these last two years. We had a Connect Time recently and Sonya of W3 leadership took photos of the group.

Here is my table minus a few ladies who got there later. The W3 leadership did such a good job with this meeting. Everything always looks so pretty! I love the simple black and white decor of this meeting.

We were playing a game called Connect. It is hard to explain but it was so fun!

And at MOPs on Friday we had a great time creating art!

I just love seeing women creating and connecting at the same time!! Thanks Suzy, a MOPs steering member, for taking these neat photos and sharing them on our Facebook page.

Our special events leader, Tiffany, helped us with this Pinterest project. Every lady had a unique piece of art when she left MOPs. Thanks to Laura at our table who brought a Stamp it Up paper punch which allowed us to knock out our art in no time.

Make Lady Time a priority and you will be blessed!

10 comments:

Terri D said...

I enjoy my two groups of lady friends who I lunch with. My besties!! My church women's group is also great and some of my sweetest friends are members. You are right about needing to make time to nurture these relationships. They are important!

Linda said...

This is such a great post, and your photos are lovely!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You are all so beautiful with your pretty smiles. I need to take this to heart. hugs, Diane

Sandy said...

This is a good reminder for me. With the last two years, I have let some friendships go to the back burner. I have already been convicted that I needed to make an effort in that arena. I need to make some contacts and relationships are always more important than some of the stuff I get worked up over.

doodles n daydreams said...

I love the idea of lady time. I meet with one friend quite regularly, we make a point of going out for lunch or coffee once a month. On the other hand I have another one and we say to each other' we must catch up' but we don't seem to get around to it. Having said that I am going out with a group of girls to the movies in a couple of days time :)
Enjoy your week,

Diana

Linda said...

You are so wise in carving out time to be with your friends. I have a lot of friends but just a few really close ones. You are so blessed to have so many!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Yes spending time with your friends is fun and important too.
Have a nice week.
Julie

Arlene said...

Just getting home from Panera and coffee with Maggie and seeing all these sweet comments. As the Bible reminds us to be a friend we must show ourselves friendly! I am so thankful for all my blog girlfriends. I wish I could sit down and have coffee with yall!!

Mrs.T said...

I wish you could sit down and have coffee with all of us, too, Arlene!! I am going to a ladies' retreat this weekend at The Wilds of New England. So looking forward to it!

Arlene said...

Have fun Mrs T...that is a lovely place!