Followers

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Benjamin Elliott

This is Benjamin Elliott Grimm...our Elliott. He is Margaret and Baylor's baby brother. As you can see he is enjoying a morning with Mommy while the big kids are in school. Mini oreos and juice is a pretty good good snack when you do not have to share.

This little boy is named after his father and his great great great great grandfather! Whew, that is a lot of greats. When I had my first son, most people in the family thought he would be Marvin the 3rd. Well I just could not bring myself to put Marvin on a little boy. And my husband was sweet and agreed that Benjamin was a family name that we both liked and we would use that along with Anton, which is Marvin's middle name.  My Grandmother Henderson grew up with a daddy who left a lot to be desired but her granddaddy, Benjamin Elliott Parrish, was a good man in her little eyes and that story always stayed with me. It is another lesson we can all learn about how important grandparents are to their grandchildren.  So my Ben was named after him.  When Ben and Katy learned that Elliott was a boy, they were all set to name him Asher. I like that name and we all thought of the baby as Asher but about two weeks before he was born I got a call from Katy. "Wasn't Elliott your great great granddaddy's middle name?"  Yes I responded. "Well I want this baby to be named Benjamin after his daddy and I just cannot settle on Asher so we are going to go with Benjamin Elliott."  Well of course I was doing a happy dance right there in Target because I am one of those people who adore family names.  So that is how we got our Elliott.

And what a hoot this little boy is!! Always smiling and always up to something. He is a busy bee. I am going to get to keep him for several days in October so that Katy can go on a field trip with Margaret. I can hardly wait. You know he is going to be spoiled rotten when he goes home. But that will be Ben and Katy's problem.:)

6 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww Benjamin is a cute!
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Arlene said...

Thanks Julie

Terri D said...

What a great story! I can't wait to see how you spoil him in October!

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh isn't it wonderful to be a gran, spoil them and give them back :) He looks a delightful little boy, love that look he has in his eye.

Diana

Arlene said...

Yes Teri and Diana, I am excited to have him all to myself! And Diana you are right...he has that mischief shining in those blue eyes. He is such a charmer that you cannot help but smile rather than spank.lol

Barbara said...

I love family names too. My son carries one and I love it when I call him by all three names.