Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New Recipes

My sweet MOPs friends shared two of the recipes we enjoyed at our MOPs Kick Off on Friday and I thought you all might enjoy them as well.  First off is Ashley's Red, White and Blue Parfaits.

8 oz cream cheese...softened
1/2 c sugar
3 c fresh strawberries, sliced
1 c fresh blueberries
12 oz Kool Whip

Mix cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Stir in Strawberries, Blue Berries and Kool Whip. Spoon into individual servings

Topping..
1 c crushed pretzels
1/2 c butter melted
1/2 c sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix pretzels, sugar and butter in bowl. Spread into a 13 by 9 pan.( do not use cookie sheet as this will burn!) Bake 7 minutes. Allow to cool, break apart and add to tops of parfaits.

I am having some weekend company and this will be served for breakfast on Saturday morning. I do not particularly like blueberries but I liked them in this dish!!

And my sweet friend, Stephanie, made a punch that was so tasty and refreshing. It is very simple to make and I am going to make it my go to for parties.

Lemonade Punch
Mix two packages of Lemon Flavored Kool Aid, 2 cups sugar, 4 c water and 48 oz can of Pineapple juice. Chill in Refrigerator. Pour into punch bowl and add 2 liters of a good GingerAle. Stephanie recommends Verners or Buffalo Rock.  She also told me that this was the punch served at her wedding!! That makes it even more special. I think not a drop was left at the end of our MOPs meeting.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday Friends.

4 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww thanks for those recipes as they both sound so good.
I hope you had a nice day!
Julie xo

Terri D said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes for those yummy treats!

Arlene said...

You are welcome...I love getting new recipes to try!

Mari said...

They sound so good! Thanks!