Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September

I love the month of September! It is the month I celebrate my wedding anniversary. We were married on Labor Day weekend.  Friday the 4th will mark 39 years for us! It seems impossible that it has been that long but they have been good years and I am thankful for each one of them!! Well I have to admit that I jumped the gun in decorating this year. I had some free time on Saturday so I got out some of my fall things. I did restrain myself this year and I have some extras that I will share with the daughters and grands. I am sure Kendall will take some things to decorate her room.


My faithful fall wreath is on the door for the last year I suppose. It is starting to look rather worn. If I find a new wreath I will relegate this one to the back door.


My big fall pumpkin that I purchased years ago at TJ Maxx. I need to go to Hobby Lobby to get some rust colored candles for the candle sticks.


A fall garland spruces up the candelier. I love fall colors!

My new cross stitch is in place along with a cheery pumpkin plate. 

The top of the kitchen hutch. I ususally go overboard here. 
But two smiling jack o lanterns are enough!
I swapped pumpkins for pears in my wire basket.


This cute treat basket is from Peterboro Baskets of New Hampshire.
The kids love to get a treat when they get home from school.


I love this tiny jack!! I have two of these that I found on sale at Pineapples years ago.

I really enjoy adding some seasonal colors to my home and while I have been restrained for fall, you can be sure that my Christmas house will be sparkling with lights and colors come December.

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Congratulations on 39 years. We were married over Labor Day weekend 31 years ago.
I love your new stitching on the counter and THAT pears painting over the hutch is awesome.
I did a little jumping the gun as well on the fall decor. I will share mine later in the week or maybe later today. I have a busy busy day ahead.

Karen said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love the fall decorations and colors. People in our town start early and decorate big for the annual Fall parade and festival here. I decided to let 6 year old Kaedyn get our my fall decorations last week! Then she wanted to put out Christmas and Easter, too! Talk about rushing the seasons!!!

Arlene said...

Happy Anniversary Sandy!! Another thing we share! And thanks for the comment on the pear painting as I did it myself. I saw something similar at a local restaurant and took a photo with my phone, came home and painted it. I have no training but I am fairly good at "copying".I look forward to seeing your fall post.

Arlene said...

Karen, if I let Kendall help me, we would have pumpkins everywhere.lol. I am giving her first choice at my left overs. We have a big fall festival in September in Hartselle AL which is just down the road from us. The Depot Days weekend always brings lots of people out to buy crafts and food!!

Linda said...

It all looks so beautiful! I love that big painting on your mantle! Did you paint it? Happy September first!!

Arlene said...

Thanks Linda...yes I painted it several years ago after seeing a similar painting in a local restaurant.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats on your anniversary this month. I love your cross stitch...it adds so much to your decorations. Hugs!

Terri D said...

Happy anniversary on Friday! Your fall decorations are wonderful!

Mari said...

Happy Anniversary on Friday!
Your Fall decor looks very nice. :)

Weekend-Windup said...

Advance wishes for your wedding anniversary! All your decorations looks beautiful...

Arlene said...

Thanks so much for the good wishes my sweet blog friends. My brother in law, Lee, and his wife, Lanier, are coming for the weekend to celebrate with us. They were married on Memorial Day Weekend of 1976 and we were married on Labor Day Weekend. We are going out for a nice dinner together on Saturday.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your fall decor!

Arlene said...

Thanks Elizabeth!! I love Fall.

Barbara said...

Everything looks so cute. I haven't pulled out the fall decorations yet because I've over done it in the yard work department and am still hobbling around. Your house looks perfect and I love the TJM pumpkin.

Whitney Pendell said...

I love those blue and white jars on top of your hutch! Very Southern and elegant! Your fall decor looks really pretty - and your new cross stitch is so cute!

Arlene said...

Oh Whitney, I have blue and white everywhere in my house. I have some more pieces on top of my secretary in the living room. I am seeing a big blue and white come back in lots of the decorating magazines.