Followers

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Signs of Fall at the Grocery Store

I do not know about the weather in your neck of the woods but here in NoAla, it is a beautiful crisp September morning. Fall is on the way. How do I know? Let's stroll through the local grocery store.

This is CVS but  oh well. If you need candy corn, you can get 2 1/2 pounds for $6.99. Sadly I left it on the shelf as I could eat 2 1/2 pounds of candy corn.

The Baking Aisle is back at Walmart! To me that is a true sign of fall and the coming holidays. I try to buy one thing from the baking aisle each week so I am ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Halloween Oreos...sorry but I am addicted to the double stuffed oreos!!

Punkins!! I brought two baby pumpkins home for my mantle piece.

And today College Football reigns supreme at Nanaland thanks to Grandpa. Another sure sign of fall is all the orange and crimson colors that we see everywhere on Saturdays in Alabama.

10 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

I came home from Ingles with some of that Brachs candy! I could easily put away several pounds as well! :) Love those little white pumpkins - Ingles only had orange ones.

http://comehomeforcomfort.com

Linda said...

YUP! The sins are everywhere - except the weather!!
It IS a tad bit cooler today and as I write this I have the French doors OPEN and the A/C OFF!!! SOON it will be cooling off! SOON, I hope....

Arlene said...

Whitney, i cannot resist a pretty pumpkin! Try a fall mix of equal amounts of candy corm, M&Ms and peanuts....oh my goodness. I have to make it sparingly in the autumn.

Linda...sending some cooler weather your way!!:) It is a delightful day here. One of those where you wish you could bottle it and take it out in the cold winter.

Terri D said...

I bought mums today, to set beside the front doors and dug out my ceramic pumpkins to place around the house. It does feel like Fall!

Arlene said...

I hope to get my porch ready for fall soon Terri. We are going out of town and I am waiting until I can be home to water my mums. I am going to pull up my summer impatiens this week. They are looking rather sad.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I saw some pretty Fall magazines when i shopped. Enjoy your day!

Arlene said...

Yes, I had to bring home one of those too Diane!!

Heather said...

Those oreos!! Pretty sure that I need some, ASAP. ;)

Arlene said...

Heather you know pregnant ladies should get whatever they are craving!! Go for it!

Healthy Grocery said...

Can look at my blog and see prices, and nutritional facts of healthy, low fat food at different grocery stores.