Followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Stream

Welcome to my stream of consciousness! See if you can follow as the men folk in my family have lots of problems floating along with me!:)

1. I was excited to hear that my dear friends, William and Kate, are expecting baby number three! Ok, so I am not friends with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I like to pretend that I am.  They just seem like such a sweet couple and George and Charlotte are such cuties.

2. I just finished reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. Let's just say I enjoyed the movie more! Mr Bryson's story is interesting but he tends to get a bit preachy on certain subjects. Let's just say he was not very complimentary of southerners or the US Forest Service. I am a Southerner and my daddy worked long hours for the forest service in the Chattahoochee National Forest.  He got on my wrong side.

3. I am hoping to get my new microwave installed this week. After I tried to fix it via a you tube video, a plastic piece broke off and it was a pretty important piece. Let's just say, plastic and door latches do not go well together. I am going for a different brand this time around. And from now on, I will leave repairs to the pros. I think those You Tube videos give us false confidence at times. I have used them successfully in the past but I will be a bit more discerning in the future.

4. Welcome a new blogger to my blog roll. Leslie Anne at Fairhope Supply Company. For some reason her newest posts do not update on my blogroll so you will find her blog at the bottom of the list. She is good to blog often about the goings on in Fairhope, Alabama. It is one of the prettiest little towns in LA( Lower Alabama).  Leslie Anne is a hoot and I loved her post about her recent purchase of a fitbit. So scroll to the bottom of the list and check her out.

5. I am enjoying this season of The Making of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on CMT. It is my guilty pleasure each late summer/early fall. If you have not seen this show, check it out. Kelly and Judy
are in charge of choosing who will be a new cheerleader. Every year 46 or so girls are chosen for Training Camp with 36 being the final number of DCCs.  And even the veteran cheerleaders are not "safe",. I have seen a few of them booted from the team, mainly for weight issues. It takes a special girl to get into that teeny weeny suit.  Another reality show I enjoy is Ladies of London. I admit, I am an Anglophile and I just love hearing their accents!!

6. I am very happy to report that I had a text from Katy yesterday and she tells me that Baylor is doing MUCH better in the behavior area. Thanks to all of you who pray for my precious Baylor. We will meet them in Bham on Saturday at Krispy Kreme. It is Pirate Day and if you go to the store dressed in pirate attire or even if you order in "pirate talk" you will get a free dozen donuts. The kiddos will be dressed as pirates.  So dress like a pirate and have a donut!!

Well it is time to hop out of the stream and get to work. This is cleaning day and already I have the washing machine humming!! Have a great day ladies.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't read or watched A Walk in The Woods. May have to check it otu sometime!

Sandy said...

I just had to comment today. I was very interested in your comments on Bill Bryson. I read one of his books long ago. I can't remember the name now...it had a long title. I kind of liked, but at the same time didn't always agree. I was given a book by him, by probably my most favorite mom classroom volunteer ever. The book is A Short History of Nearly Everything. I have never been able to force myself to read it. It stays in the area where I keep the books I want to read. It has been there a very long time!!! I think there is an embedded message in why the lady gave it to me. She knew I was a Christian who very much loves the Lord. She came from a Christian family, but married an atheist who is raising there daughters with that religion. When she gave it to me she said it was her favorite book. I think it may have a lot to do with religion and science. Science was the commonality I had with this mom. I think I may have to force myself to read it so I can bring peace to my mind on it.

Oh, and Leslie Anne is a gifted writer. I love her blog.

One more thing, our sermon this week was on autism. Well not autism only, but the speaker has two children with autism. It was one of the most powerful messages I have ever heard, but I kid you not there was a point in the sermon that I thought of what your hubby had said about just being Baylor's grandpa.

I have read many of your past blog posts when I discovered your blog.

Sometimes I think why do I blog? It is a hobby and a creative outlet. I like to write...keeps my mind fresh. But, I have always loved reading about people's lives. It is a sense of community.

I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog.

Arlene said...

Heather, just see the movie!lol Sandy, I have so enjoyed getting to know you online!! Mr Bryson does have an agenda but like most people who are clueless about spiritual things, he likes to pontificate. For example, he complains that the Forest Service does nothing about trees dying of disease or insect infestation. I found that interesting as don;t evolutionists see this as natural selection. You cannot have it both ways. I would just leave that book on the shelf!! I was so glad to hear about Baylor..life is really a struggle for that little man and his family. But when he looks at me with those big blue eyes and laughs as we sing, I know God gave him to us for a reason I may never know. Blogging is such a blessing to me. I have met so many wonderful ladies who add so much to my life.

Terri D said...

What a blessing that prayers for Baylor are being answered! Praise God!

We went to see A Walk in the Woods and enjoyed it very much. I will skip the book, after your review here.

Have fun being a pirate!!

Mrs.T said...

Arlene, I love it when you blog about The Stream! The Stream posts are some of my favorites!

Thanks for alerting us about Leslie Anne's blog and how it is updated, your blog roll just doesn't show it. I hadn't bothered to click on it since it was always at the bottom and the date was a long time ago. Now I will know to check it regularly. My hubby has cousins in the Fairhope area. We hope to visit one day, but most of our travel takes us out West.

Wonderful news concerning Baylor! I will continue to pray. One of my specific requests is that one day soon, you will hear him greet you with "Hi, Nana!" When I pray for Baylor, I pray not only for him, but for strength and wisdom for Ben and Katy -- and also for Margaret and even little Elliott. It is something their whole family is dealing with and I feel they all need prayer support, even the littlest one.

Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Thanks so much for the mention of my blog! It's driving me crazy that it won't update for some people who are using a Blogger platform. If anyone knows what to do . . . HELP!

You are on top of things, because I hadn't even heard the news about William and Kate!!! I squealed out loud when I just read it here! You are better than Barbara Walters!

Leslie Anne

Gina said...

Ahoy m'Lady. Thanks for the pirate day head's up. Like I really need a dozen donuts! Wow!

I did not know about William and Kate expecting again. I hope her pregnancy is easier, poor thing.

Have a wonderful evening!

Gina

Arlene said...

Teri, I was so excited to get that text about Baylor. Thank you for praying for him!! Another benefit of blog friends who pray!! Mrs T I know you have been very faithful to pray for my family and I am so appreciative. You are right, it does affect the whole family! And I hope if you visit Fairhope we can meet up!! I would drive there just to meet you! And when Baylor does talk, you will be one of the first people to know!! Leslie Anne, I hope you get it figured out. I am not very technical so I have no idea. I always google my problems and sometimes I get an answer!! Gina, post a picture of yourself with your pirate donuts. There were several coupons for Krispy Kreme in the Sunday paper so I cut those out to take to Ben and Katy. Again Ladies, thanks for taking the time to post a comment!