Welcome to my stream of consciousness! See if you can follow as the men folk in my family have lots of problems floating along with me!:)
1. I was excited to hear that my dear friends, William and Kate, are expecting baby number three! Ok, so I am not friends with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I like to pretend that I am. They just seem like such a sweet couple and George and Charlotte are such cuties.
2. I just finished reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. Let's just say I enjoyed the movie more! Mr Bryson's story is interesting but he tends to get a bit preachy on certain subjects. Let's just say he was not very complimentary of southerners or the US Forest Service. I am a Southerner and my daddy worked long hours for the forest service in the Chattahoochee National Forest. He got on my wrong side.
3. I am hoping to get my new microwave installed this week. After I tried to fix it via a you tube video, a plastic piece broke off and it was a pretty important piece. Let's just say, plastic and door latches do not go well together. I am going for a different brand this time around. And from now on, I will leave repairs to the pros. I think those You Tube videos give us false confidence at times. I have used them successfully in the past but I will be a bit more discerning in the future.
4. Welcome a new blogger to my blog roll. Leslie Anne at Fairhope Supply Company. For some reason her newest posts do not update on my blogroll so you will find her blog at the bottom of the list. She is good to blog often about the goings on in Fairhope, Alabama. It is one of the prettiest little towns in LA( Lower Alabama). Leslie Anne is a hoot and I loved her post about her recent purchase of a fitbit. So scroll to the bottom of the list and check her out.
5. I am enjoying this season of The Making of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on CMT. It is my guilty pleasure each late summer/early fall. If you have not seen this show, check it out. Kelly and Judy
are in charge of choosing who will be a new cheerleader. Every year 46 or so girls are chosen for Training Camp with 36 being the final number of DCCs. And even the veteran cheerleaders are not "safe",. I have seen a few of them booted from the team, mainly for weight issues. It takes a special girl to get into that teeny weeny suit. Another reality show I enjoy is Ladies of London. I admit, I am an Anglophile and I just love hearing their accents!!
6. I am very happy to report that I had a text from Katy yesterday and she tells me that Baylor is doing MUCH better in the behavior area. Thanks to all of you who pray for my precious Baylor. We will meet them in Bham on Saturday at Krispy Kreme. It is Pirate Day and if you go to the store dressed in pirate attire or even if you order in "pirate talk" you will get a free dozen donuts. The kiddos will be dressed as pirates. So dress like a pirate and have a donut!!
Well it is time to hop out of the stream and get to work. This is cleaning day and already I have the washing machine humming!! Have a great day ladies.