Followers

Monday, October 19, 2015

A Big Weekend

WE had a nice tme on Saturday, celebrating Marvin's Birthday and Todd and Amelia's wedding.  As I was looking at my photos I realized there were none of me and Grandpa. That's okay though. I was busy running around getting the dinner ready and after dinner I went upstairs with the grands so Ben and Katy could visit and watch football.

The Cakes....




Both were delish...

Ben and Katy brought Ruby along. She is going to be Baylor's service dog and it is important that she be socialized. She will grow up a bit and then be sent for training. We all worry about Baylor "wandering" as many autistic children do. We have heard the horror stories and we hope Ruby will help in that area. Baylor is still pretty much non verbal when it comes to communicating and he wears his bracelet with his name etc but we are never truly at ease because we know he can take off before we are aware of it.

Elliott meets Ruby for the first time. She is a sweet and calm little golden retriever but she is more of a ball of fluff right now.

The Ben Grimm Family...

Amelia and Todd with their family. We got two bonus grandsons, Hampton and Hudson. Hudson is sitting next to Landon.

I have to say that when everyone went home, I collapsed on the sofa with a cup of coffee, a book and Harry Potter on the television. ( it was Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family). In other words, I just vegged out for the rest of the day!!

Today is Marvin's actual birthday. He is 64 and I assured him that I still loved him.Remember the song, When I'm Sixty Four? If anything I think I need him more today than I did 39 years ago when we married! And that is a GOOD Thing!

12 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Looks like a good time. Happy 64th to Marvin!!

Linda Eller said...

Lovely family all around, and the new puppy is so cute. Happy Bday to Marvin. Hope your new week is a good one.

Arlene said...

thanks Ladies....he had Carrot Cake for Breakfast and he chose Mellow Mushroom for tonight.

Mrs.T said...

Great photos! The puppy is absolutely adorable.

Happy Birthday to Marvin! Carrot cake for breakfast sounds like the perfect way to start a birthday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday Marvin! You're almost as old as ME...hahaha! Have a wonderful week! Hugs to you both, Diane

Arlene said...

I will pass on the good wishes to Marvin. Mrs T, that Ruby is so sweet, it might even make me want a dog!!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to Marvin! I remember that song. I always liked it but 64 seemed so old. Not anymore!
Ruby is adorable. Nice family photos!

Gina said...

Arlene, a very happy birthday to your Marvin! Both cakes look delicious! Yum!

Ruby is a beauty and I look forward to hear how her training is going. What a wonderful idea to have a service dog for Baylor.

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Those cakes look delicious! What a great day with family, but I can totally understand the collapsing on the couch part!

Arlene said...

Mari...64 is looking younger all the time!! Gina, I will post updates regarding Ruby and her training. If she can keep our boy safe, she will truly be a member of the family. And Leslie Anne, I have to admit that I collapsed again today and took a power nap!!

Terri D said...

Happy birthday to Marvin! I turn 64 this year too...in December. And yes, I remember that song. LOL

Looks like you had a great time. The family looks great - all of them. Hope the new puppy works out well as a companion. I'm sure she will.

Arlene said...

Well Terri, 64 is a great age to be in my opinion...it looks pretty good on Marvin!!