Followers

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cards Anyone?

I love receiving snail mail. I have quite a stash of stationery and paper goods and I enjoy sharing a note with friends and relatives. It seems that with the popularity of email and texting and the end of teaching cursive writing in the school system we are losing many of the social niceties.  I for one do not want to see snail mail vanish! So with that said, I want to ask my blog friends if they are interested in exchanging addresses with me so that I can send a card to you every now and then to let you know how much I appreciate your stopping by my little blog and leaving a comment. I feel that I know so many of you personally. If you are interested, please drop me an email with your address at agrimm55@hotmail.com

I am trying to teach Kendall about writing thank you notes. She received a gift from a dear friend of mine and I told Kendall that she needed to write a thank you note. We sat down and worked on it for about half an hour. I am a stern task master and I explained to her that we should use our best printing.( I am going to work on cursive with her next summer!) and we should be sincere in our thanks. Well after some tears we finally got the address on the envelope and got it in the mail. Was it perfect? no but we tried to do a good job and in the future we will work on polishing those skills.

I am always surprised when I get a timely thank you note from a young bride or young mom. I always make a point to tell their mamas that they have taught their daughters well.

So lets all get on board to bring back a thoughtful note or  a greeting card and make sure our mailmen( and ladies) do not become obsolete!!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

AMEN! Look for my email.

Terri D said...

So true!

Heather said...

So true! Most all the mail we get is bills. It is so nice to receive a card or note. It can really brighten a day!

Gina said...

Great minds think alike, Arlene! I posted almost the exact thing earlier today. I can attest to everyone that you send the bestest cards! :-)

Arlene said...

Well I for one get tired of just getting junk mail!! I do a happy Dance in the drive way when I get a hand written piece of mail!!

Mari said...

You are right on all counts! I love regular mail that isn't a bill or junk mail, and I so appreciate a nice thank you. :)

Linda said...

This is a great idea!!! I already have YOUR address!!
When we were homeschooling, we wrote a card or letter to someone every single day. Thank you notes, notes to military people, letters to shut ins and friends who lived far away. I need to remember my own manners and write more thank you notes!!

Arlene said...

I have several hat boxes full of cards and notes I have received over the years. It is fun to get them out and read them and remember the good old days.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Yes the art of letter writing has died! And writing thank you cards too!
Thanks for the visit today. I hope you are having a nice week. Take care sweetie.
Julie xo