Followers

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Coffee Anyone?

Today I am using another Vlogtober prompt from Whitney at Come Home for Comfort.  She posted a cute vlog about coffee preferences and I thought I would weigh in on Coffee this morning.

I love coffee. I have loved it since I was a child and Mother would add a little coffee to our milk at breakfast to make us think we were grown up!!  I have two little great nieces who also love coffee as preschoolers. It tickles me to see them with their mom at Starbucks!! I am sure they get decaf! None of my adult children drink coffee and I just cannot understand that!!

Right off the bat I will confess that Starbucks is WAY too strong and bitter tasting for me. If I am out and about I will stop for coffee at these places. Number one in my book is McDonalds early in the am...later in the day the coffee has been sitting in the pot a bit too long. But after I drop Kendall and Landon off at school, I stop at the McDonalds in our neighborhood for a medium cup of deliciousness. Panera is second and Cracker Barrel is third on my coffee list. Krispy Kreme has delish coffee and one is being built right now on the Beltline here in Decatur. I do not know how I am supposed to drive by Krispy Kreme when it is located in the TJ Maxx shopping center. Two of my favorite things in one location.

For coffee at home, I purchase



McCafe is my first choice and I love Gevalia coffee as well. For years we ordered coffee from Gevalia as our little splurge. Now I can purchase it at the Grocery Store.  I have to say that Gevalia's Vinter which you must order directly from Gevalia is one of the best coffees I have ever tasted. It comes out right at Christmas and is delicious with all the Christmas sweet treats.

And now on to coffee mugs....


Louisville Stoneware's Bachelor Button is a favorite of mine. We used to live in Louisville, Kentucky in the early 80s. We were just starting out and had no money for extras. But how I loved this pottery pattern that I saw in many Louisville homes that I visited. Even at the outlet prices I could not afford them. So fast forward many years and my sweet husband surprised me with a gift of Louisville Stoneware mugs and serving pieces. It was such a surprise and now you know why this pattern is special to me.

Tell me your favorite coffee and if it is Starbucks that is ok...:)

18 comments:

Sandy said...

I think Starbucks is a little too strong as well. McDonald's is my favorite outing coffee, followed by Krispy Kreme. Thankfully, there is not a Krispy Kreme here, just in Destin and Pensacola. They are extremely hard to drive by. There is no driving by if my mama is with you. She loves them and at 80, I say go for it.
My favorite at home coffee is simply the Maxwell House regular blend. ***I have been drinking decaf for the last two months.

Heather said...

I love coffee too. Although my husband tells me that I put too much creamer in mine. Here in Michigan we buy Seattle's Best for use at home. If I am out I prefer to stop at Biggby, but will go fro McDonalds or Starbucks if I need my fix! I have a fabulous mug that I got at one of my bridal showers before we got married that says mrs. on the outside and has Song of Solomon 3:4 on the inside. It is the mug I use ever morning!

Linda Eller said...

I came to your blog from Mari's and when I saw you loved coffee as much as I do, I just had to request to be your friend. My all time favorite is Gevalia and Dunkin Donuts. I have a Keurig and have tried many of the different K-cups, but usually come back to my favs. Also we are neighbors - Georgia and Tennessee. Have a wonderful day. ~~Linda

Tori Leslie said...

Oh how I miss American coffees! We have the normal typical European coffee. It's strong and black and needs lots of sugar and milk. I love all the specialties in the States but I've learned to spice mine up with Hazelnut or Cinnamon. BTW, there's a Starbucks in Vienna and I'm headed there for Chrsitmas! Can't wait! Love the mugs!

Arlene said...

Sandy, it will take all my will power to avoid KK!! Especially if the hot sign is on!! Heather what a special mug!! Post a pic!!Linda, welcome to Nanaland. Where are you in Tennessee? I have tried some of the Starbucks Keurig at a friends home and I actually liked it as it was not as strong as the coffee in the store. Tori, I feel your pain. I would fill my suitcase with coffee and throw out all my clothes.lol

Gina said...

Coffee!!! I do love my coffee but I like it fairly weak. Too strong and my stomach hurts. I avoid all coffees everywhere but home. At home, I love my Taster's Choice (I can make it as weak or strong as I like). At Starbucks, I either have a weaker hot cocoa or a mocha frappaccino made with 1/2 decaf.

Love your mugs! Your husband is a sweetheart!

Mari said...

I hope we can still be friends when I confess that I don't like coffee! I tried to drink it, but just never could get to like it. I'm pretty boring - I usually just drink ice water. :)

Arlene said...

Gina I do like Starbucks hot chocolate! Mari..that is ok!!:) I love you anyway!!

Linda Eller said...

Arlene, I live in Chattanooga...where are you in Georgia?

Arlene said...

Linda I sent you an email...but we live in Alabama and are building a small vacation home on some land I own near Chatsworth, Ga. We drive though Chattanooga all the time on our way from Alabama to Georgia.

Terri D said...

I don't care for Starbucks either. No worries. We have a Keurig coffee maker and prefer a medium roast. I don't like flavored coffees. If you decide to stop in Chattanooga and meet Linda, you will love her!! She is one of my blogging friends who I met in person and I count her as a true friend.

Susan Graben said...

Agree Starbucks is a big waste of money. I get Community coffee with chicory from LA and have been for 35 years. It is stronger than most coffees but I add a bit of creme brulee flavored coffee to the mix and my Bailey's creme brulee flavored creamer I am set for the morning.

Linda said...

I agree!! Starbucks is too strong! I order a coffee and a cup of hot water and an extra empty cup. Then I mix and half and half and add a LOT of cream!
IHOP has good coffee! At home I drink gourmet flavored coffee. I ordered the Gevalia coffee for years! I didn't know you could buy it in grocery stores!!

Arlene said...

Terri, I can tell that Linda is a southern lady just from reading some of her blog. Maybe we can meet up one day. Susan I like Community Coffee too! Just prefer regular half and half in mine. Linda...that is a good idea for ordering coffee there when there is no other option! My nephew works at the Starbucks in Savannah Ga and they give their employees a free pound of coffee on a regular basis. If you like it that is a perk of the job!! I wonder if you could get them to mix the coffee and hot water? Or would that offend them???

LindaE said...

I am a newbie her. Yesterday morn with the coolness here in hot Texas I broke out the old Pyrex coffee pot and made a pot of real coffee! Was very good compaired to the pod coffee.

Arlene said...

Thanks for stopping by LindaE!! I had to stop at McDonalds and get a cuppa this am!!

Mrs.T said...

This was a fun post! If I end up needing ideas for my remaining October posts, I may use this prompt myself.

We just got back from The Wilds of New England and a couples' retreat there (which I will blog about later) and it's pretty hard to beat the good coffee served in Cool Beans. I had tried a maple coffee there back in Sept. at the ladies' retreat, and just had to introduce my hubby to it. He loved it and we had maple coffees twice over the weekend.

In general, for out and about, I like coffee from Cracker Barrel, McDonalds and Dunkin' Donuts -- but as you know I seldom get to Cracker Barrel. Sometimes I buy their packaged coffee to bring home.

On a daily basis we drink whichever coffee we've found good deals on -- Folger's, Maxwell House, New England Coffee. Sometimes our local supermarkets will have deals on Green Mountain Coffee or Dunkin Donuts packaged coffee. We don't own a Keurig but may eventually get one.

Arlene said...

Mrs T...I just purchased some New England Coffee on sale at Target. I will let you know how it is!! And Cracker Barrel coffee is hard to beat.