Followers

Friday, October 30, 2015

Fall on the Farm

My sisters posted some pictures from the farm on Facebook and I just had to share them. When our friends find out we are building a little farm house they always ask, "Where is it ?" So far Chatsworth, Georgia has not made it to the top ten places to live! And hey our farm is really in Eton, Georgia and to further identify it, the Cool Springs Community.   Marvin and I have decided we will be fortunate if the farm house is done by next Christmas!! However, my cousin, Steve, is home from his hunting trip so we hope the road to the property will be a reality soon.

Leta took these two photos the other day and I love the way the shadows play over the fall colors.


Our little place will be off to the far left of this piece of land.


The majestic Fort Mountain was in view every day of my growing up on the farm but as with most things you see every day, it becomes common place. This view is from my mother's front yard.  My daddy's orchard and grape vines are in the foreground.

Sister, Kristi, posted these....


The side yard at my mother's house.


Grassy Mountain in the background.  Bruce's cattle in the foreground.


I believe this is on top of the hill where Kristi lives. When the leaves fall off the trees she will be able to look down and see our farm house.

The colors of fall are always a delight. I will hate to see the leaves fall off the trees but cold weather is coming! I was reminded of that as I took my walk this morning in the 45 degree temperature.  And do not forget to FALL BACK this weekend. Here in NoAla we are at the very edge of the central time zone so with the time change it starts to get dark at 4:30 in the afternoon. My afternoon ritual of closing the plantation shutters and turning on lamps will resume. I also have to remember to turn the garage light on for Marvin so he does not return to a dark home. With Halloween over, we will have Thanksgiving to look forward to and I have to admit it is one of my favorite holidays. When eating and being thankful is the main focus of a holiday I am all for it!!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Oh these are gorgeous scenes of North Georgia. Makes me homesick! I agree with you about Thanksgiving. It is a favorite holiday for our family.

Terri D said...

Your new farm house (home!) will be nestled in such a breathtakingly beautiful place! What a blessing to have those views every day, no matter the season!!

Sandy said...

Those pictures are incredible. I love the trees, but I do hate for them to lose their leaves:( I love fall, but not winter so much. I really do dread the time change, but we must face it. I read a blog post last winter that talked about how good winter can be..because it gives us time to rest and stop the business. I will try and have that attitude this winter. I love Thanksgiving also. Since I am on a strict diet, I was sad about Thanksgiving, but I have been given permission to enjoy that day and get right back on the next. I will have to be good until then:)
Headed out to Auburn and the cabin, but I thought I would check in all my blogs. I am hoping for some pretty colors there this weekend.
Enjoy the weekend.

Arlene said...

Thanks Ladies...Karen, glad you got your Georgia on for a little while today!! Terri, I am hoping that our children will utilize the farm house too. It will just be a get away for us, no internet, no tv just peace and quiet. It is located about 3 hours from our house in NoAla. Sandy, I like winter for stitching!! I can do it all cozied up with my blanket over my knees.lol...Thanks for the card...I love Dick and Jane. It is on my kitchen hutch along with one I got from Gina. I like Thanksgiving but I am usually so pooped from cooking that I am not in the mood to eat. I make up for it on Friday as I eat a big lunch while decorating the Christmas Tree.

Gina said...

Arlene, the beautiful landscape is breathtaking! I so love when the trees change colors. Next December will be here before you know it. Happy Halloween!

Arlene said...

Thanks Gina...I am trying to remain patient!!

Mari said...

What a gorgeous setting. You're going to have a beautiful place there.

Arlene said...

Thanks Mari....if it ever gets done!:)

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

As gorgeous as everything you showed us, the one thing that popped out for me is that you take the time to turn on the light for your husband. If that isn't true love, I don't know what is.

You've warmed my heart!
(and the property is pretty nice too!)

Arlene said...

Thanks Leslie Anne, I am a big believer in taking care of my man.:) And I want him to see that light and know I am anxiously awaiting his arrival.

Vintage Girl 901 said...

Wow! How beautiful! Fall is my favorite season and it happened to fast this year. The leaves blew away with the rain and very little foilage for TN.