Followers

Friday, October 16, 2015

I Am Old

Well after running after an almost two year old for three days now, I can officially say I am old and POOPED.

I love my Elliott. He is the sweetest little fellow and every time I enter a room, he smiles and waves and says HI! At the grocery store yesterday he greeted all the shoppers.  There is nothing like some loving from a little one.   If i had one tenth of his energy I would be a happy camper!!

We get up early and go flat out until seven when thankfully he conks out and I can sit on the sofa and veg out.lol...

So I am going to keep this post short and sweet this morning!! I was blown away by a comment by Susan Branch in response to my review yesterday. I guess I always wonder if the response is from the real person or a social media secretary but either way I was tickled.( Why would a famous person even look at my little blog is my general feeling!!)  I do love Susan's work and I will be purchasing the next book about this amazing lady.

Tomorrow we will have  a combination birthday lunch and wedding celebration honoring Marvin and Todd and Amelia. I am starting preparations today. Maybe I can pull it all together by 1 pm tomorrow!

10 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Good morning Arlene,
I can just imagine what it must be like running around taking care of a little toddler. Yes I would be tired too! Take it easy and enjoy the weekend. It's FRIDAY!
Julie xo

Linda Eller said...

The young ones wear me down too. I love being with them, but it is hard for me to keep up these days. Enjoy the birthday celebration, and have a happy weekend.

Arlene said...

Ladies I plan to take MONDAY off!!lol

Mrs.T said...

I would be exhausted, Arlene. I give you all kinds of credit for doing this while preparing for a party. Watching a toddler is exhausting in itself. Yes, do take Monday off, and give yourself permission to have a quiet and relaxing day.

I too was so amazed that Susan actually commented on your post ... not once but twice! She is so gracious and friendly! Someone you can be yourself with! That was so neat.

Arlene said...

Mrs T, I was totally blown away by her comment. Like I replied, I try to be honest without being ugly about it. There were some good parts of the book...loved reading about her growing up years as well as her painting. I got my carrot cake finished this afternoon and I bought a white cake at Publix for the wedding cake. It is pretty with pink roses and their names on it. I have to put my ham in the oven, doing hashbrown casserole, Different Slaw and purchasing some baked beans from the local BBQ place. I do not know how they make theirs so good...well they do add smoked pork to them and like Ina Garten says, "How Good is That?" I think it will all come together. Then I have to do snacks for our Sunday School Class on Sunday morning. I think I will just do a Krusteau Crumb Cake. We will be going out for dinner on Monday night to celebrate Marvin's actual birthday so it should be a rest day for sure.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness! How awesome that Susan B. commented! WOW! I know you feel special...I sure would! Enjoy your happy weekend. Hugs, Diane PS You are NOT old! lol

Arlene said...

Thanks Diane...I will keep repeating that to myself.lol

Terri D said...

You did better than I would after 3 days of a little one. They do keep you going!

Linda said...

Children are a LOT of work!!! Worth it but it is tiring!

Arlene said...

Terri and Linda...I am taking tomorrow off. I dropped a pitcher on my left foot and now my big toe is killing me. I need a few days to recover!!:)