Followers

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Heart Purses!

My friend Sandy at I Majored in Home Economics and I  have decided that we are secret sisters. We like so many of the same things, purses being one of them. She did a purse purge and shared on a recent post the purses she decided to keep.  She allowed herself to retain ten purses and she sold some of the others or gifted them to family members. My old Georgia Baptist Roommate, Karen, had a really cute purse at our recent mini reunion and as I admired it she told me she never buys purses but her four daughters share their old ones with Mama.  I admit that I have gifted some purses that I have purchased in the past and realized they did not work for me. Niece, Laura as well as Katy and Amelia have benefited from some of my impulsive purchases in the purse department. Daughter in law, Nancy, loves Coach purses and until recently I was not interested in that brand. And now Blog Friend,Sandy, has made me want a Spartina purse. Thankfully most of my purse purchases are from outlets or EBay so I seldom pay full price for a purse.

So get ready...here is my purse parade.

I love Dooney and Bourke and I purchase most of mine from the I Love Dooney site that is basically Dooney and Bourke's outlet. These purses are pricey but they last forever. This bright green zip zip( that is its name!) is my spring purse. I love that it has two zippers and I can access it easily.

Well now I like Coach purses too! My sweet husband bought me this one at the Coach Outlet in Foley Alabama. It is a pretty cherry red but it looks a bit orangey in this photo.

I have had this Dooney for years and it is a favorite...light weight and easy to carry.

My favorite Vera Bradley style. It is so organized and very light weight even when it is loaded down with all my stuff. I have to admit I am looking for a black one on Ebay.

My only cross body bag that is perfect for a day of shopping or a day of sight seeing. It is a 31 bag that I have had for years as well.

My summer bag...it is named Willa and has two big compartments so very organized.

This is my only Florentine leather purse and my husband bought it for me for Christmas four years ago. It is the nicest leather, rather like a baseball glove in that the more you use it, the softer it gets.  But it is heavy. I cannot gift this to the girls as it is special.

My go to Winter purse..it is a Chelsea.  It has two compartments too so I can stay organized.

And finally my special bag for weddings etc...

It is a super soft petal pink bag that was made by GILI. I wanted one in Black as well but they are no longer being made. I am keeping an eye on Ebay, hoping I will find a black one.

Like Sandy, I am telling myself that I have ENOUGH purses! But oh they are so hard to resist. I have some friends who are Shoe Girls and they have the same problem. I asked Sandy if we should start a meeting for people with our problem. Purses Anonymous Anyone?

14 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh! I love it! I like that Florentine one and that red Coach one.
Hmmm... I must not look too hard. I am kind of thinking of looking for the Vera one that we both have in navy.
I do like the Spartina tote ones, but I am beginning to want a zipper in mine.
Yes, I am thinking I need to join the club. After my most recent purchase, I realized I was in trouble:)

Heather said...

I love purses too! I should purge some too; I have so many that I don't use. I always see cute little purses and end up getting them, but they never work for me. Being diabetic, I have a lot of stuff that I have to carry with me and it never all fits in the small bags. Thus, I always end up with big satchel purses. Hmm...maybe if I get rid of some of my old ones, I can buy a new one! I like this idea you have given me!

Linda Eller said...

My passion is watches, but like your purses too. BTW, I have the same sheets, does that count? lol

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, I love them all, especially the green one. My mom used to collect D&B but insider appreciate all the vintage ones she passed down and I have them away. Silly me!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, I love them all, especially the green one. My mom used to collect D&B but insider appreciate all the vintage ones she passed down and I have them away. Silly me!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, I love them all, especially the green one. My mom used to collect D&B but insider appreciate all the vintage ones she passed down and I have them away. Silly me!

Linda said...

I love all of your purses!! So would my duaghter, Amber!! Coach is her favorite! Sabrina has a lot of nice purses! I can't remember the name but they cost over $1000 each!! Mercy!!
Me??? I'm a bag lady carrying Goodwill bags!!!

Arlene said...

Well Ladies, I love your comments!! Sandy walk away from this post!!:) Heather, I realized the little bags were cute but too small for me. Linda, I understand the passion for one particular accessory! I think every lady has something in their closet that just makes them happy.Tori, shame on you girl!! I saw a lady at church carrying a vintage Dooney and I had to comment. It still looked great! Linda, I check out consignment stores for purses and I have gotten some good buys there too! I have loved "pocketbooks" since I was a little girl...must be genetic as one of my great grandmothers has her purse front and center in a photo I have of her!!

Gina said...

Arlene, such a good variety of purses! I love all the colors but I think the Vera Bradley is my favorite!

and

You are cordially invited to enter my Sweet Christmas Card Drawing! :-)

Terri D said...

I am a purse girl. I have more than 10!! I have very specific preferences, though, and that includes at least two outside pockets as well as an organized interior. I'm much more careful now making purchases. I change them out about every two weeks. Loved seeing yours!!

Mari said...

I love purses too. I don't buy the big name ones, I get mine at Penneys or Target... That way I can justify buying more. :)

Arlene said...

Gina as I get older, the Veras are much more comfortable to carry!! Terri I am saying that I am not buying any more purses...but you know a purse gal makes those kind of pronouncements all the time!! Mari, I have a good friend who changes purses about every week because she ascribes to that theory as well. She has many more purses than me!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene,
Wow you have such a nice array of handbags. I love handbags too and have Too many!
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend.
Julie xo

Arlene said...

Julie I have to say I am almost ashamed to post my group of purses....but they do make me happy!lol