Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Slide Rules, Dishes and a Skeleton

How is that for a random and catchy blog title?  My blogging may be rather random as I have my almost two year old grandson with me this week. Be warned!! And I will be reading your blogs but maybe the comments will have to wait. I forgot two year olds have so much energy!!lol

My physicist husband spotted this slide rule at the Cracker Barrel we stopped at for lunch while traveling recently. Of course I had to take a picture for him! He still has his slide rule from college and grad school. He is ready if the computers fail!!

And here are the dishes I purchased from my sis in law for our little house. It is the Longaberger pottery blue and white pattern.  They will look pretty on the open shelves I am planning in the kitchen.


And finally here is my friend and neighbor's skeleton, Morticia. Kendall was a bit leary of getting too close to Morticia. Last year Susan's skeleton was Steve and the kids liked him better. I think Morticia has a jaunty air with her cute hat!

I am off this morning to deliver cookies to our church for the weekend's prison ministry. The leader of this ministry asks the ladies of the church to make home made cookies as they are such a hit with the men. They will often come to the Bible Study just for the homemade cookies. We were asked to pray over our cookies as we baked them and Kendall was available yesterday to pray with me over our finished batches of cookies.  It opened the door to an interesting conversation...Please pray for this ministry on Saturday and Sunday. God works in the prison system and I am so thankful for the men and women who minister there.

11 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Good morning Arlene,
I love your post and such a nice thing to make the cookies for the church. I hope you have a beautiful day and enjoy the week sweetie!
Julie xo

Arlene said...

Thanks Julie!!

Vintage Girl 901 said...

I embarress my husband when I take pictures in restaurants but I do love the vintage ware in Cracker Barrel. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Eller said...

Lovely, lovely dishes. The skeleton is hilarious, love it! How nice to bake the cookies for the prison ministry. On a personal note, a distant relative just came home from prison, and in talking with him, things like the cookies mean more than we can know. Blessings to you and the group.

Terri D said...

I do love the dishes!! They will absolutely look great on your open shelves. How wonderful that your church has such a great prison ministry. Nice to have Kendall to help bake and pray. Loved your post today!

Cranberry Morning said...

I don't blame Kendall for being a little Leary of morticia! What a sweet time you had with Kendall and a wonderful opportunity to pray and praise our awesome God together.

Cranberry Morning said...

I don't blame Kendall for being a little Leary of morticia! What a sweet time you had with Kendall and a wonderful opportunity to pray and praise our awesome God together.

Arlene said...

Thanks for the sweet comments Ladies. I am so blessed to be able to be at home and to be with my grands while they are young.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pretty dishes and we'll add this mission to my prayers. Hugs!

Mari said...

Those little ones do keep you busy. I know when mine are here I get nothing else done. :)
I had a slide rule like that in high school. I don't think I could use it anymore.
I have the bowls that go with your dishes. I think you made a good buy!
I love that you not only made cookies, but prayed over them too!

Arlene said...

Thanks Diane for the prayers!! Mari, I am exhausted and I have swept the floor ten times today alone. But one day these little grands will be grown up and Nana will not be as important so I try to cherish the moment.