Followers

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Stream

Thanks for the birthday greetings for Landon. He had a great day. His dad and step mom had lunch with him at school, then he came to Nana's where he got his Star Wars toy that he had asked for and he got to go to dinner with Mommy, just the two of them.  Have ya'll noticed how Star Wars has made a come back with this new generation? I was pregnant with my oldest child when Star Wars debuted. Marvin and I seriously tossed around the name Leia if the baby was a girl. Since he was a boy he was saved!! And while he is Ben for a great great grandfather we teased that we had named him for old Ben Knobi.

Speaking of babies...back in our day we did not know if we were having a boy or a girl until the doctor announced it in the delivery room. There was a lot of joy in that!! One of my nieces is expecting her third child and she and her husband have chosen each time to be surprised so they do not ask to know the sex at the ultrasound. I think that is pretty neat. I am so nosy that I do not know if I could be so disciplined!

As some of you know, my husband is a Savannah, Ga native so our facebook pages were filled up with scenes of the flooding on the road to Tybee Island yesterday. Tybee is about 30 minutes from downtown Savannah and there is only one two lane road that accesses the island so it was pretty big news there.  It does not take much for Savannah to flood and this extremely high tide caused lots of roads in Savannah to be closed as well. Hoping things dry out there today.

I am sure all the kiddies are getting hyped up for Halloween. Kendall and Landon will wear their costumes to school on Friday for a costume parade. Kendall is Mal from the Disney movie, Descendants while Landon is going to be Sonic the Hedgehog. Margaret is going to be a CowGirl, Elliott will be Tigger and Baylor may be a robot. That was still under discussion as Baylor is not a fan of costumes. It will be little Audrey's first Halloween and I am sure Charles and Nancy will have her dressed up too.

One of my favorite things to get for the grands is Wendy's Halloween treat coupons. For $1 you can get ten coupons for free jr Frosties. All the money that Wendy's makes from this venture is given to charities that promote adoption.  And hey, who says Nana might have kept one of those coupons?

My king bed is still waiting to be put together! I told Marvin that tonight is the night. I am tired of stepping around it in my bedroom. It will be an ordeal to move everything but now that I have new sheets and a comforter I am ready to get going.

 I have added a few more cross stitch blogs to my blog roll. One is just for displaying your Prairie Schooler projects. Prairie Schooler is my cup of tea when it comes to stitching.  Also Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three has posted a blog post about how to make some of the decorations that were used at our MOPs meeting.

My sis in law reported that the movie, Bridge of Spies was excellent if you are looking for something to see this weekend. Tom Hanks rarely disappoints. I am old enough to remember him in his early days on TV when he and Peter Scolari were Bosom Buddies.  I think my favorite movie of his is You've Got Mail. I am a romantic at heart.

I am having some ladies over this morning for a Young Living Essential Oils class so I need to get up and get busy! I have some yummy food and nice door prizes for them. It will be a nice way to spend a rainy Wednesday morning.


10 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww I'm sure your grandkids are really excited about Halloween. I hope you take photos of them. Have a fun day with your friends. Julie xo

Arlene said...

I will be posting pictures for sure Julie!!lol...

Cranberry Morning said...

We rarely go out to see movies, but I knew I wanted to see this one on the big screen. It was so worth it! Love Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance! Did you see M.R. in 'Wolf Hall' on PBS? That was excellent. Enjoy the Young Living class. Needless to say, I keep many essential oils in my house for my soapmaking! :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Linda Eller said...

Love seeing the kids in their costumes, and the little ones try to act just like their character. Hope you enjoy your gathering today. Good day to stay inside.

Terri D said...

I love the movie "You've Got Mail" too! We may have to go see that movie with Tom in it, this weekend. I also would like to see "The Martian". Good luck getting the bed together. We have had our king size bed for years now. We put the queen in the guest room too. I know you will sleep well tonight! Hope we get to see some photos of the kids in their costumes!

Heather said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the kids in their costumes! I have always loved seeing all the cute kids in their costumes. We only have a full size bed right now and are planning on getting a new one, hopefully sometime in the near future. With Andrew being 6'4", we really need a longer bed. He doesn't really fit, lengthwise, in our bed!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

Hope your rain clears out soon. I'm finally seeing some sun here in Fairhope.

Leslie Anne

Gina said...

We are all excited about the new Star Wars movie. I remember waiting in line 7 hours to see the first (really fourth) one.

My grandson is going as Spiderman for Halloween. :-) I look forward to seeing all the pictures!

I hope your party goes well. Do you have a website link for people to order from?

Arlene said...

Wow...we all seem to love Tom Hanks and Star Wars!! I already have a picture of Baylor to share on the blog next week! His class had their Halloween party today. Gina, I do not have a link but you can check out the oils at the YLEO website.

Mari said...

Our first day was seeing the Star Wars movie. :) Our daughter would have been a Ben if she had been a boy, but she turned out to be a Laura.
I remember Bosom Buddies!