Followers

Monday, November 9, 2015

B is for Bazaar

It seems that Christmas Bazaars are harder to find here in Alabama. I mean the old fashioned Christmas Bazaars where the ladies of the church worked for months to make goods to sell as Christmas gifts.  But here in Decatur, Central Methodist Church holds The Market at Central every year in early November. The money raised goes to missions.  There is a special place in my heart for Central UMC because I spent ten years there teaching in the Weekday School. So when I attended the Market, I was able to visit with some old friends as I shopped.


I got this pretty bag for just $6. I know how long it takes to make those yo yos so it was a definite bargain. It was marketed as a wine bottle gift bag. I plan to add some tall picks and greenery to it and hang it on the bed in my guest room.

And look at this precious nativity. I collect nativities so I had to bring this one home with me. $5.

And last but not least...this cute table runner. The brighter colors match the colors I use in my dining room at Christmas. It was $20.

And speaking of crafts...I have made some more Polish Stars.


I have the supplies to make two more and I do believe I am done for this year! One of my favorites is the one on the far left which is made out of a hodgepodge of left over paper. So if you do this craft, just go crazy and use the paper you have available.

I am posting this evening because I am meeting my friend, Diane, for breakfast. Speaking of that sneaky girl, she got me good over the weekend. On her Facebook Status she posted that she and her husband were expecting a chubby little man in two months! She has been having some health issues and so I fell for this hook line and sinker. I was shouting to Marvin, Diane is having a baby!! Well when I read the post to the very end, the chubby little man was Santa Claus. Oh my, she is going to get it from me in the morning!!:) Maybe I should not be so gullible.

11 comments:

Mari said...

You found some cute things! I really like your polish stars.
Ha - Diane did good!

Arlene said...

Thanks Mari....She pulled my leg big time. lol

Sandy said...

I miss all of those craft fairs too. We were able to get original things. Now everything is kind of cookie cutter. We are living way too fast paced these days for our own good. Crafting, sewing, and things like that are good for the soul.

Arlene said...

I agree Sandy. I was so glad to see all the neat things these ladies had on display. I think they sold out very quickly. They also had frozen casseroles, desserts etc on sale. Their sales pitch for the food was the ability to have a hot casserole on a busy holiday evening. That would sell it for me!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have to watch out for those 'Dianes'! hahaha! They can indeed be sneaky and FUN! Love the pretties you bought and the stars you are making. I don't know if I have the patience to try to make one but they sure are pretty! Hugs, Diane

Arlene said...

Diane, you are right!! She got me good and I got onto her this morning. She said that many people were fooled so I was not along. Always read to the end of Facebook posts!!lol

Gina said...

LOVE the YoYo bag. The colors remind me of candy canes!

Arlene said...

I thought the same thing Gina!!

Tori Leslie said...

I love the yo-yo bag. You got some good deals. Hope your breakfast with a friend was delightful!

Mildred said...

There is a church near us that is advertising this kind of bazaar. I love the treasures you brought home. You and Diane have fun - you will have to think of a way to get her back!

Arlene said...

Tori, I know the lady that made the Yo Yo bag spent many hours working on those yo yos! Mildred, I could go to Bazaars all during the Christmas season. I love seeing all the pretty crafts. And yes, I am going to get Diane back for that stunt.lol