Followers

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Humbled

Being of English, Scotch Irish extraction, I have always been one to feel that I could tackle most things on my own. I am married to a French/German who is of pretty much the same mindset. So every now and then God reminds me that He has a plan for a situation and I should just be patient and see how He is going to work it out.

Many of you love and pray for Baylor, our grandson who is autistic. I think for the last two years I have been in denial about the seriousness of his disability. I want to believe that he is a high functioning child but he is not. There is a little part of me that says to myself, he will start talking any day. He has not. But Baylor does have the prettiest blue eyes, the sweetest smile and plays Patty Cake with me like an old pro.

As with most autistic children, Baylor is a Wanderer. He can get away from us in a blink of the eye. Our biggest fear is that he will wander off and fall into a pool or body of water, that he will be hit by a car or a few other frightening scenarios that fly through our minds.  Katy has felt the Lord's leading in finding a service dog for Baylor. They were able to purchase Ruby, a golden retreiver at a bargain basement price and this purchase confirmed to Katy that she was following the right path.  Training for a service dog is very expensive. Ben and Katy live on a very limited budget just to afford the therapies that Baylor needs on a daily basis. Katy set up a Go Fund Me Page for Baylor. www.gofundme.com/ar8sf2gc  The Hoover Star, the local paper, is going to do a story on Baylor this week so that is a great blessing as well.  I will try to post a link to the article when it is published.

Again I am humbled by all those who have contributed to this fund for our grandson. Some are people we do not even know. If you feel led, would you consider sharing this gofundme on your facebook page or blog?  We know everyone cannot give but prayer support is vital as well and I am so thankful for those of you who pray for Baylor. His teachers have informed Katy that he has made great strides in his school and therapy.  I know this is because of all the prayers that went up on his behalf this summer when he was not doing well.

It is hard for those of us who are givers to be receivers. But I believe that through gifts, prayers and love, God is using many people to be a blessing to our family. Thank you all from the bottom of this Nana's heart for your concern for our Baylor Man.

9 comments:

Terri D said...

Baylor is in my daily prayers. I will be happy to post the link you gave us on my FB page. The service dog is a wonderful solution for him and the entire family. I look forward to seeing the article when it is printed!

Arlene said...

Thank you so much Terri!!

Mari said...

It truly is harder to receive!
I'll put this out on my FB page too. :)
It's very exciting. Praying for Baylor...

Sandy said...

Oh Arlene, you are such a good nana. I hope the dog will be a wonderful thing for Baylor. I don't have a Facebook page, but this might me rethink it.
Prayers to you and the family.

Arlene said...

Mari and Sandy, thank you so much!!

Mildred said...

We continue to pray for precious Baylor and all of you.

Arlene said...

Mildred, we need all the prayers we can get for our little man. I am praying specifically that he will be verbal one day.

Gina said...

Arlene, prayers for your Baylor and hugs too!

Arlene said...

Thank you Gina.