Followers

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Little House Update

Last weekend we battled the drizzle to walk with my cousin, Steve, over to our proposed little house in the sorta big woods site. ( Little House in the Sorta Big Woods is my pinterest board for ideas for the new place.)   We nailed down our site and I think it is going to be very pretty...lots of trees and not just pine trees but nice oaks and hickories abound there. We are trying to take down as few as we can. The pond will be in front of the house and later on we will need to do some work on it as well. With property the work never ends. My husband who is a city boy is about to find this out!! It has always been his dream to have a little house in the country. I am glad I can do this for him...he has done so much for me and the children over the years. He is truly a faithful man in every way.

Steve told us that he would get started on our driveway this week and he did.

It will be a long drive going back to the woods.

It starts as a fork off of my sister's driveways on the Aunt Hill.

Another view from my mother's side yard.

It looks as though it will be a while before we can actually start building. We have to get power and water lines in as well as a septic system.   As several friends have assured me, it will take longer than you think and it will cost more than you think it should.:)  But we are encouraged just to see the beginning of our dream come true.

10 comments:

Gina said...

A dream come true! In time. I hope that it goes by quickly for you. It will be exciting to see the step by step process!

Arlene said...

I am so excited over the driveway even without gravel!!lol

Angie said...

Dreams in the making my friend! Life is just full of blessings!

Mari said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm looking forward to watching it!

Arlene said...

Yes Angie and Mari...it is a dream come true!

Linda said...

I am thrilled for you! It may take time but at least you have STARTED!!!
Happy to get to see all that will come after right from the beginning! ? Does that even make sense??

Arlene said...

Yes Linda, it makes sense to me.:) Next is getting the power line and water line put in...we are thinking it can be put in along side the driveway before we put the gravel down. We are already trying to decide when we will get back over there to take care of that...living 3 hours away is problematic. So thankful for my brother in law, Bruce, who is helping us!!

Sandy said...

How exciting! Enjoy the process. It will take time, but fun picking out all the new things.

Arlene said...

Sandy I am trying to just enjoy the journey and hoping not to become stressed over the whole thing!!

Terri D said...

This is such an exciting time for you (all) and thank you for letting us be part of it through your posts and pictures!! It looks like such a lovely and peaceful place for a home. God bless!