Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Margaret's Thanksgiving Dress

I had several comments on Margaret's Thanksgiving Dress so I thought I would take time to tell you that Nana purchased that dress for her and I was happy to see her wearing it on Saturday.  This is a Matilda Jane dress. Matilda Jane is a line of clothing purchased in home parties and hosted by a Matilda Jane trunk keeper.  I had never been very interested in Matilda Jane before because honestly, some of their clothes just do not appeal to me because they mix so many patterns.  But my sister in law, Lanier, became a trunk keeper and I purchased a few things for the grands. I am going to be very honest again and tell you that the purchase prices can be a bit high in my opinion. For my budget, I found what I was looking for in the Matilda Jane online Good Luck Trunk. It is an overstock portion of their line and the prices are discounted.  I liked this dress because it is one print and it is one of Margaret's colors as it sets off her brown hair and blue eyes.  Matilda Jane leggings are adorable and Kendall and Margaret enjoy wearing them with a cute top of their choice.   The Moms and Nanas are not left out either. I have purchased several things for myself and I have been very pleased with them. Being rather tight with my money, the GLT, as you will see it displayed on their site is a bargain. If you do make a purchase online, sis Lanier would love to be your trunk keeper. There is a line to put the trunk keepers name, just type in Lanier Grimm.  Also Zulily carries the end of season Matilda Jane occasionally so that is another good way to get a bargain on MJ clothing.

I seldom purchase clothing for the grand girls because their mamas are particular about how they dress them(as they should be!).  Children grow so fast that I cannot see paying a lot for an item of clothing that they might wear for a very short period of time. Mine are all growing like weeds right now. Every now and then it is fun to give them a name brand item that is popular and Matilda Jane fits that to a tee.

7 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Thanks for all of the valuable information, Arlene! Margaret looks adorable in the dress! All three girls look so sweet.

Terri D said...

There are no little ones in our life right now (other than grand nephews and nieces who live in PA). Our grandchildren are 26 and 18 now. Time does fly. I love Margaret's pink glasses. Her choice of specs just makes me smile every time I see a picture of her. Love them!! She is adorable (they ALL are!)!

Angie said...

I love the Matilda Jane line but refuse to pay those prices! I'll definitely be checking out the bargain section. I had no idea! Thanks for the tip!

Arlene said...

I was just looking at the GLT and Margaret's dress is on sale for $20. I have my eye on a dress for her for next Easter that is in the GLT today. Angie the bad thing about the GLT is that you have to get it when you see it as often the items sell out. The GLT prices are less than EBAY believe it or not. And that was making some moms mad who were re-selling their MJ outfits. They could not compete with GLT.

Arlene said...

Terri, I love her glasses too!! They suit her personality. Mrs T thanks for the pretty Thanksgiving card and for the sweet words about my grand girls. Life is good.

Gina said...

Arlene, I've not heard of Matilda Jane before but you know me! I am heading over to the website asap. And I will keep an eye open on Zulily too! The grands look adorable as usual!

Arlene said...

Gina, the GLT has some good buys!! And thanks for the beautiful handmade card. I love it!