Followers

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thank YOU!

Baylor's teacher sent this photo from school to Ben and Katy and they shared it with me. I love the look of concentration on Baylor's face and that he is sitting in his chair and focusing on his task. Before Baylor became a member of our family, I took for granted so many things that my other grands did without any problem.

I want to thank all of you for your care and concern for this young man. Ben and Katy raised the money on GoFundMe to pay for Ruby's training.  It will take almost a year to train Ruby but we know she will be a life saver for both Baylor and the family. So much time is spent just monitoring Baylor and Ruby will be able to help with that chore.  A friend sent me a news article regarding a service dog who had received an honorary masters degree because he attended classes with his human who had autism.  She encouraged me that maybe that would be Ruby one day.  We do not know what the future holds for our boy but I am praying that there will be break through in the treatment of autism.

So this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for God's Blessings on our family. Our beautiful grands, our extended family who are always there for us, friends who make life so sweet and a God who guides us each day.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

He is so precious in that picture. It must be so hard when they are not vocal, but God has him in His hands. He is blessed to have a wonderful family to love him and nurture him. I believe that Ruby can only be a positive in his life. Dogs can be so powerful in giving unconditional love, and Goldens are just like they are sent from God to be helpers. I pray that Ruby will be a great comfort to Baylor and his parents.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Arlene said...

Thank you so much Sandy. We know that prayer changes things so we are thankful for praying friends. I know Ruby is going to be an important part of Baylor's life. She is a sweetheart.

Mildred said...

Hi Arlene, Thank you for sharing this photo of Baylor. We continue to pray for him, his family, the doctors/teachers and Ruby. May God bless.

Arlene said...

Thank you so much Mildred. You have been such an encouragement to Ben and Katy.

Terri D said...

It means so much to me that you share Baylor's progress with us. He remains in my prayers, as does the entire family. There is always so much to be thankful for and your Thanksgiving will be so sweet because this little man is part of the family. I look forward to Thanksgiving family photos!!

Arlene said...

Thank you Terri..please add a prayer for Ben and Katy's townhouse here in Decatur to sell. Some one is considering it and we are all praying that it will sell. It would be a real Thanksgiving blessing to them.

Gina said...

Arlene, What an answer to prayer! I am so glad that Ruby will start her training. God bless little Baylor!

Arlene said...

Thank you Gina...we are truly blessed.

Mrs.T said...

This is such a blessing, Arlene! The look of concentration on his face ... such an evident, specific answer to prayer! I will add the sale of their townhouse to my prayer list for Ben and Katy. I'm sure it will help lift their financial burden a bit. Thanks for sharing this wonderful photo!