Followers

Monday, November 30, 2015

The Stockings Were Hung

No this is not my fireplace but it is my sister in love, Lanier's fireplace and it is so impressive I had to share it.

Many years ago, Mama G made  Granny Square Christmas stockings like these for all of her children and grandchildren. Lanier has five children and 11 grandchildren( with two more due in the spring) so she has quite the collection of stockings at her house.  Since Mama G went to heaven, Lanier's daughter in law, Meredith, has taken up the job of crocheting the stockings for new members of the Memphis Grimm family.

It just makes me smile when I see her fireplace and all those stockings. Each stocking represents a blessing in our growing extended family.  Lee and Lanier may have to get another fireplace if they keep having more grandchildren!!

9 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene,
Wow I LOVE all of those pretty granny square stockings!!! I will have to try and crochet one; one of these days!
Enjoy your day.
Julie xo

Heather said...

I love it! What a fabulous tradition to keep going in the family!

Sandy said...

I LOVE those stockings. They are wonderful. We can buy all the store bought stuff we want and fill our homes with magazine inspired decorations, but a picture like that brings it all back into focus. Those are precious.

Mildred said...

Beautiful and I'm glad the tradition continues.

Arlene said...

Lanier will be tickled to hear your comments!! It is quite the sight!!

Terri D said...

What a fun tradition and I'm so glad another family member has taken on the task to see that the tradition lives on. The fireplace looks amazing with all those stockings (and 2 more to add next year!). Thanks for sharing this with us!!

Gina said...

Arlene, those stockings are adorable! I will have to add these to my craft to-do list!

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

What a great tradition! Such a fun looking pattern too. I was thinking the same thing about having to add another fireplace.

Arlene said...

Leslie Anne she may have to start a second tier!! With five married children, she is going to be having more grands for sure!